Will-o'-the-Wisps updated

A glowing enigmatic life form was found to inhabit alien forests at night. Based on the original mod by Betep3akata. Probably won't work in multiplayer.

Content
1 year, 1 month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

b [fixed] Crash when building a technical circuit.

3 years ago

Hi.

Unfortunately I discovered a bug again. :/

I use the Mod Integrated Circuitry (in the background).
I was just about to build a complex circuit when the following error message occurred:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HSUOgWaqgzSm8pQ-zqPDJnTa6bySUzUE/view?usp=sharing

I don't understand how the Will-o'-the-wisps Mod can have a problem with a circuit mod ...

mk-fg β˜†
3 years ago

Thanks for reporting, definitely a bug here, should be fixed in 0.3.14.

I don't understand how the Will-o'-the-wisps Mod can have a problem with a circuit mod ...

That mod adds a different surface/world to the game, the one you build circuit elements on, and teleports player there.

When green wisps randomly choose to follow player, forgot to add a check that player is on the same surface (default factorio only has one), and issuing "go to player" command when player character is not in the same world causes that error linked above, as there's no possible way to reach them there for units.

So while it might look like a simple circuit mod, it's not just adding a new entity or modifying existing ones, like most circuit network mods do, but actually adds a whole pocket dimension for you to build stuff in :)

3 years ago

First of all, thank you for fixing the bug!

Ah I understand! That means, a green will-o'-the-wisp wanted to come to me at this time. But because I was in another dimension, the mod didn't know how to react. And that's why it crashed.
And I thought it was a different mistake because it always happened when I changed a setting on the combiner ...

New response