Will-o'-the-Wisps updated

A glowing enigmatic life form was found to inhabit alien forests at night. Based on the original mod by Betep3akata. Probably won't work in multiplayer.

Content
1 year, 1 month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

b [fixed] Corrosion damage despite deactivation.

3 years ago

Hello ...

As you know, I'm playing with Industrial Revolution.
I turned off corrosion damage in my running game.
Even so, the purple will-o'-the-wisps cause corrosion damage.
I tried everything in the settings. Unfortunately without success ...
How do I get the corrosion damage off?
If possible, please without command. I don't want to disable my achievements ...

I thank you!

mk-fg β˜†
3 years ago

Hi,

Yeah, sorry, apparently was a bug introduced in 0.3.5 - forgot to remove "action" from harmless variant of these, should be fixed in 0.3.8.
I just play with default options and rarely bother testing non-defaults, unless I know that something was changed there.

Thanks for reporting!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for your quick update!
Usually I also play with the default settings.
The mod is great the way it is.

Well, IR shouldn't be played with will-o'-the-wisps ...
I didn't have time to develop technologically.
I had to run from corner to corner just repairing ...
In the end I was too "primitive" technologically to compete against the big biters.

Well, bad luck for me.
Let's see, I've read, Deadlock is working on a new version!
I continue to play Krastrio 2. Of course with the will-o'-the-wisps!

Thank you!

mk-fg β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Iirc IR has some fairly early robots, which can probably be used to counteract the damage with auto-repairs, but for a proper balanced integration, it probably needs something bronze-age to ward these things off, then something better later, and so on - just putting one UV lamp into arbitrary place in tech tree is not ideal.
But guess old version might not be well-balanced anyway, as it haven't been public for long enough.
Nice to hear that there might be a new version, would be a shame for all those nice assets and animations to go to waste.

Having played a bit with old IR and now K2, I very much prefer K2's approach to balancing a factory.
IR seem to require much more repetition than vanilla factorio, resulting in massive copy-paste of production lines to get anything done.
While K2 does the opposite, even allowing you to upgrade your compact production lines as the tech advances, or dismantle the old ones entirely.
So while I like IR's graphics and ideas, it's definitely not for me, same as couple other big "more grind and repetitive busywork" mods.

3 years ago

I used the early robots too. However, they only work out of your suit.
There is no early robot hangar.
I also use the "Repair Turrets" mod. But I didn't make it to this research. It can only be unlocked from the Age of Steel.
Since your factory produces a lot of pollution, you will be attacked early and heavily. And the evolution of aliens is also increasing very quickly.
I used to love IR. And I still love IR. (Actually)

Early UV lamps cannot be inserted. The technology is far too advanced for that.
But if a lot of will-o'-the-wisps spawn, and the aliens attack in large numbers, the shotgun turrets are useless.
At the latest when the big biters come, it's over ...

You're right. The mod hadn't been looked after long enough.
We know ... Deadlock got pissed off because his mod was abused.
Deadlock would certainly have released some updates if the abuse hadn't happened.

Yes, he will. BUT ... ONLY if his mod is not published again by someone else.
I hope people keep their feet still!

The graphics and animations from IR are really beautiful.
Everything just fits together. The atmosphere, just great.
I never complained about the production lines. Maybe I never paid attention to it? I do not know.
But it was also the first big mod pack I ever played.
A few months ago I got to know K2. And I have to say: I like it!
Is quite different. It can be called the better IR.
Only that there are no epochs.
I also loved the ore refining in IR. First only the ores are melted, then the ores are crushed, then washed.
It remains to be seen how IR2 turns out, should Deadlock call it that.

New response