Wave Defense Unlimited

by OwnlyMe

Wave defense with infinite scaling and lots of settings. Tower defense! Available in freeplay mode and as scenario.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Combat

b 0.17 Bugs?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi,

I have been playing factorio for a while, but just started with mods. I am playing Wave Defence with a friend.
We play the Stable (0.17) and we ran into a bunch of issues:

• The wd-turret and the wd-ammo is not buildable in game. The normal turrent and ammo are still there. You start with the wd-turrets in inventory tho. You can place them, but if you ever pick them up again they are gone. The other special wd equipment is there and works.
  • If you get to the satellite round, you cannot buy the satellite because you need a rocket for that, are you supposed to build the rocket for real? That seems extremely hard. I peeked at the code and saw the differnce between the scenario and freeplay is that in the freeplay you can buy the rocket. Is this intentionally not in the scenario? [edit]: okay that was stupid, i never ever connected power to the silo so I did not see you already get a rocket for free, so this point is moot.
  • If the mod is active it messes with my freeplay game. My first (many hour game) suddenly had behemoth biters with 4M health appearing. But the freeplay checkbox in the mod settings is not enabled.
  • The research possibilities in the scenario also seem weird, but I am not sure if it is supposed to be enabled at all (saw somewhere in the code labs should have been removed?).
  • [edit]: after figuring out how to launch a rocket i had a crash during the cleansing, this was due to an unknown enemy "acid-splash-fire-spitter-behemoth". I have no idea how this enemy was spawned (I do not use any other mods). But with a unit_config[enemy.name] nil check in wd-scenario line 292 this was solved.

Is your mod code in a public repository or is it all private?

Cheers,
Merijn

4 years ago

the wd turret and ammo are only for the scenario
the crazy behemoth biters should only spawn at 0.90+ evolution, this is a necessary workaround to keep the difficulty consistent when exploring the map.
the scenario is supposed to be so hard that you don't have any time to research anything, you only can buy upgrades there. i'm aware that this won't work with all mods.
the 0.17 version is quite outdated, that last bug should not appear in 0.18

4 years ago

To clarify, we are playing the scenario, but the wd ammo and turrets cannot be built for some reason.
But the crazy behemoth biters should spawn in freeplay games, even if the freeplay checkbox in the settings is off?

Ah yeah i see now, the crash bug is indeed fixed in 0.18. Do you still release fixes to 0.17 or should I just fix it for ourselves?

I had another issue, sometimes enemies get stuck on certain points (maybe one of their waypoints). Could be related to saving and loading, we had to do that quite a bit haha. But as a result there are still some small biters on the map. During cleansing they get 1% damage, which is so low, they heal faster and are never destroyed. As a result the cleansing phase never ends (half income for all biter kills).

4 years ago

strange, i thought i set the regeneration to almost 0...
i wasn't actually planning to update 0.17, since most players switched to 0.18

4 years ago

i'm working on it..

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

i think i've adressed most of your issues now except the regeneration problem but didn't test it on 0.17...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

maybe your cleansing phase got aborted in 0.17... otherwise the enemies from behemoth+ should actually just regenerate maybe up to 0,6 health per second

4 years ago

Thanks,

I tried it and when starting a new wd scenario there are still no wd-gunturret or wd-ammo. Research is not disabled. It seems somehow the init_forces() is not called, or maybe it is called too early, before the player force exists? If I call the init_forces() from on_player_joined_game event, then it seems to work. But no idea why it doesn't work initially. Does it work correctly in 0.18 if you start a new game?

No the regeneration issue was with the smallest biters or spitters, I saw a group on the map. Tthey were just standing somewhere, already a very long time. It was during cleansing and every second you could see the health bar appearing and next second disappearing. I think it is because 1% health is 0.3HP and probably they regenerate faster than that. But it is caused by another bug because small biters should not be alive after round 20.

New response