Train Network for Players

by leeh

QoL and advanced functionality for players using trains for transport, including improved destination selection dialog and automated train calling.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i Manual schedules should wait for player not present

3 years ago

After I call a train and set my own arbitrary destination, the train will go to the stop and wait 5 seconds before returning to the home stop. If I set a destination this way, assume I did that because I want to get out of the train when I'm there. This happens most often when I'm looking around the map while I travel

3 years ago

Hmm, a 5s wait would be the vanilla mechanics -- atm we only control the station conditions if its a destination set by the mod (either through the station selection dialog, or by using the railtool to select the destination).

I'll have a look into how easy it is to detect a vanilla temporary stop being set and whether we can replace its wait conditions in the schedule though

Cheers, Lee H

3 years ago

Thanks for looking into it. Arguably even more important, when I summon a train it should wait for me to get in before it drives off :)

3 years ago

I've released v0.12.1 for factorio-1.1 which should hopefully sort this.

There's a new mod setting to override the vanilla temporary stop wait conditions, it will catch the event and replace the 5s wait condition with 'Passenger Not Present'. It'll also detect if a second temporary stop is added after the current one and it'll then drop the current temporary stop from the schedule. When I was playing around it felt nicer that selecting a new temporary destination automatically forced the train to go straight there.

The boarding timeout setting also now allows a value of zero which will then use 'Passenger Present' as its wait condition. Any resulting carnage on your train network is on you ;-)

If you need a backport to 1.0 let me know, though it may not be today

New response