Train Network for Players

by leeh

QoL and advanced functionality for players using trains for transport, including improved destination selection dialog and automated train calling.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g document the "supply train" feature?

3 years ago

G'day. I see some references, like the signal, to a "supply train" feature for TNfP, but I can't find any documentation. I could go delve in the source, but I feel like maybe it'd be good to have at least a brief note in the mod description or something about what it is?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Ah yeah, it ended up being too much for a single README file, but I never got around to splitting all the documentation up properly as its a bit of a bigger task which is still on my list to get through.

Was semi-documented in the changelog at the time, but if you've any questions feel free to ask:

Version: 0.9.0
Date: 2019-12-21
Changes:
  - Add supply train dispatching, so a train full of supplies (e.g. an outpost train,
    landfill, concrete, etc) can be dispatched to the players location independently
    of tnfp trains

- First Steps:
    - Enable 'Provide TNfP Supply Train Rail Tool' in your shortcut bar, or go into
      the keyboard control settings and define a hotkey for it
    - In the keyboard control settings set 'Next Supply Train Station' to your
      preference.  It defaults to CTRL+EQUALS but CTRL+MOUSE_WHEEL_UP is better
    - Supply stations are added via the 'TNfP Supply Station' virtual signal, in
      the same way as normal tnfp stations.  The signal value will determine the
      order they're listed (lowest first)
    - Ensure you dont have duplicate signal values, it will ignore them
    - Trains must be in automatic mode waiting at a signalled supply station to be
      available

- Usage:
    - Use the 'Provide TNfP Supply Train Rail Tool hotkey or shortcut to get a
      special railtool
    - Select the train you want to dispatch (using the 'Next Supply Train Station'
      keyboard shortcut, default CTRL+EQUALS)
    - Drag the railtool over a valid train stop and the train will be dispatched to
      that location.  On arrival it will switch to manual mode and reset its
      schedule
3 years ago

oh, cool, thank you. I didn't think of checking the changelog. appreciate that. seems it is a feature that I don't need, since LTN deals with that, but useful for others I'm certain. thank you for explaining!

New response