Train Network for Players

by leeh

QoL and advanced functionality for players using trains for transport, including improved destination selection dialog and automated train calling.

Content
1 year, 7 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i Exiting the train should not drop its destination

4 years ago

Here's a frequent case:
I call me a train from elsewhere far away, enter it and ride to some station. For example to "Shuttle Mall". However, I need to exit the train while it is still moving, because, my actual destination is a bit closer than the station is (my mall is quite stretched).
This results in breaking the request, and the train immediately departs back instead of arriving to the Mall station and waitng for me.
Could you add some option to change the default behaviour when exiting the train on the ride?

4 years ago

Ah, I've had a quick play and there is a subtle inconsistency when the station the trains heading to is already in its schedule. I've run four quick tests:

Depart to station not in trains schedule, exit train after it arrives: Temporary schedule applied, reverted on exit. Train departs back to original station.
Depart to station not in trains schedule, exit train whilst moving: Temporary schedule applied, reverted on exit. Train departs back to original station.
Depart to station in trains schedule, exit train after it arrives: Schedule is unchanged. Train remains at arrival station.
Depart to station in trains schedule, exit train whilst moving: Schedule is unchanged. Train departs back to original station.

That third situation is actually buggy as its supposed to always restore the original status of the train, so the intent was it would always go back to the original station it was at -- however, it does seem more like a useful accidental feature than a bug.

Leave it with me and I'll change the logic around so that when a train departs to a station already in its schedule, it will consistently wait there regardless of when the player exits.

4 years ago

In the end I've fixed the bug in v.0.6.0 and made the train always resume its previous schedule, but added an exception so if its a tnfp train and that stations already in its schedule it will always wait there instead -- hopefully that does what you need and it should be consistent about it now.

Cheers, Lee H.

4 years ago

yaaaay! it works!! /triumphant/

New response