Tier-One Primitive Tech

** USE ONLY ON A NEW WORLD ** This mod selectively removes/hides certain technologies which are NOT considered "Tier one". Only the lowest level "Tier 1" buildings and technologies are allowed for a primitive lifestyle. Certain settings can be toggled ON to override the default behavior.

Tweaks
3 months ago
Manufacturing

g Known Issues

1 year, 10 months ago

The settings menu exists, and the entries can be toggled ON and OFF, but there is no back-end logic that looks at these values.
This will be implemented in a future version. ** NOTE: The default values do represent the current behavior, as this is hard-coded internally.

1 year, 29 days ago
(updated 1 year, 28 days ago)

Settings have been implemented for everything EXCEPT for the limiting of the ability to place Solar Panels or Accumulators as that requires scripting which does not exist yet. Currently everything is done with data.lua at startup.

EDIT. Also there is the settings to "change the small power pole recipe" which has not yet been implemented. To be clear, this optional setting is only helpful on worlds with a limited supply of trees and thus wood to craft power poles.

1 year, 28 days ago

Power Armor MK2 can not be crafted currently, until the recipe for it is fixed to NOT require Speed Module 2. ( I just removed these modules in version 0.0.7)

I might either do this, or else try to handle this by allowing modules, and just remove the Assembling machine 2 entirely and somehow update the Assembling machine 1 to accept a fluid input.

The issue with this approach is that rate calculations will be incorrect for intermediates such as Processing Units due to the reducing crafting speed of the slower assembler.

1 year, 26 days ago

I would like to add a setting to either allow Assembling machine 2 (blue) but with ONLY fluid recipes and ZERO module slots, or else if the setting is OFF, then update the Assembling machine 1 ( grey one) to allow for fluid recipes ( processing units, for example ).

I tried this via updating the entities.lua file here : Factorio-TierOnePrimitiveTech\prototypes\entities\entities.lua

This had no effect, but it also did not crash with an error, as if it was being completely ignored.

perhaps this has to be accomplished via \scripts\control.lua ?!

3 months ago

version 0.0.8 has some new Features to change Assembling Machines 1 and 2 regarding fluid input and module slots. These Features might not work as this is a work-in-progress, and I plan to fix them in the next version... hopefully.

2 months ago

It seems that my testing sessions failed to notice that the Electric Furnace recipe was missing entirely, and this is needed for Production Science, thus I need to change the mod to allow for this crafting recipe. Currently it is impossible to make Purple Science until this is fixed.

New response