Smog: Solar Panels

Solar panels working by pollution smog not so effective

Tweaks
a month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Power

g [Fixed] Solar Panels Removes

3 years ago

I noticed some time ago if this mod is removed the solar panels got removed. Have you made so that doesn't happen. If not could you make so in case I need to remove the mod the solar panels don't get removed.

3 years ago

All modded stuff will be removed after mod removing.

Several topics about that:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=59402

3 years ago

Please....can you made a way to remove your mod, and dont lost all the solar panels ?
Like mod config:
Mark here to turn all solars back to normal
So we can just save/remove mod, and play normaly

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yes, I can implement disabling mod in the runtime mod settings.

Why do you want to remove it? I really need any feedback from you.

3 years ago

I needed to move some stuff around on my current factory before I can reenable it. Plus I think there should be a clean way to disable the mod which you added as I was about to post this.

One thing I did notice is that K2 changes the base solar to be more powerful 100kw vs 60kw. Does this mod take that into account.

3 years ago

Added the requested feature. See version 1.2.4

The mod supports all modded solar panels carefully. *May be some issues if another mods add solar panels on too late stage.

3 years ago

Hi, i'm currently playing with smog Solars/Visual Poluition with kras2+ SE, and just disable the mods to take prints, and get scared why they removed 90% of my solar farm, there is no other way, like changing eficiencc of panels, based on poluition/chunk, rater than changed to other solar entities ? i dont know nothing about moding, sorry for bothering you

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@Nekogui, are you disabled the mod?

3 years ago

Added the requested feature. See version 1.2.4

The mod supports all modded solar panels carefully. *May be some issues if another mods add solar panels on too late stage.

Looks like the mod only uses the vanilla values for the vanilla solar panels. That means with K2 the Solar Panel goes from 100kW to 54kW at 90% effectiveness which is correct for vanilla but not for K2 which should be 90kW Moded Solar Panels on the other hand work as expected. Tested with SE's flat solar panels and (not pictured) K2 own advance solar panels.

https://imgur.com/BJVrGli

3 years ago

Ok, I understand it now. Thanks for explaining.

Some mods update vanilla prototypes too late; I need move my code later, to data-final-fixes.

3 years ago

Fixed in 1.2.5.

3 years ago

@Nekogui, are you disabled the mod?

I posted before update, aswering you question about, why removing the mod. Really tks for the update, is a really new chalenge ♥ loving playing with it

New response