Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Storage

i Compressed Smelting

2 years ago

Hi again.^^

I just wanted to ask something...

Could you add a setting that when you smelt the Compressed Items you also get Compressed Items out?

If you can still remember, I have a "relatively" high efficiency set when smelting. Of course, this fills my output belts very quickly.

It would be great if you could do that, but it's not absolutely necessary. That would be just a little QoL for me.^^

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Well.. it would be not too compatible with loss setting which can imbalance the ratios. If 1 compressed item is 10000 ores and steel smelts at 5:1, you would need 5 compressed ores to even begin smelting 1 compressed steel, and that's with no loss config. Yeah i don't want to do the math and we're dealing with decimals, not whole numbers.

2 years ago

mh... There is something to it...
Had not thought about it in this direction... mh...

Would it be theoretically possible to limit the setting itself? So that it only works if the efficiency is a multiple of 1 or 0.5 or so? Or is it then too complicated?

Otherwise I spontaneously could not think of any other potential possibility...

2 years ago

Yeah it is theoretically possible but also complicated.

2 years ago

mh.. ok..

So if you don't want to do it, there's nothing wrong with that. I can well understand that you may avoid complicated or new things... I myself once had an idea for a mod, for which I would have to learn new things... Unfortunately I never found the patience or the courage to do it.

Well...

Otherwise, I wish a nice day / evening / night, whatever applies to you. :)

New response