Adds recipes to compress and decompress ores and plates

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Storage

g quick question

2 years ago

Hi.

How exactly is the smelting time of the items calculated?
Because I just noticed that its now at 3.2M seconds. (Which is a bit too slow for me...)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The effective crafting speed inversely scales with the loss and it is not linear. You can change all those times in mod settings.

But that is why possible loss is made possible for those who want it, if you allow for 10% of the ingredients to be lost you smelt much faster than only 10%. You need more iron ore but you get more iron plates in the same time.

Default setting for lossless was same as vanilla smelting time from what i recall, you need exact same amount of furnaces to make a full belt. Oh, it also probably reads the default time from data so if other mod changes that first then the defaults are different.

2 years ago

ok.

So first of all here is a picture of what exactly I have set.

https://prnt.sc/26pb1a0

But I have just experimented a little bit and have come to the following equation that would at least make sense with my settings. (I have no idea if it always applies, I haven't tested it yet).

stack size² * output multiplier * normal smelting time

And you said you can change all these settings. Unfortunately, that doesn't quite work with respect to the smelting time. (That only works indirectly)

2 years ago

ok... just tested it with another number combination and found out that my equation definitely doesn't work that way...^^

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Why are you multiplying output? Just asking that you realize have 1000 ore in a single compressed item and with output 10 that will make 10000 in the furnaces output slot... for just 1 operation.

But there does not seem to be a configure option for smelting speed, i should really add a multiplier...

2 years ago

I know.
That was my plan.
Maybe I'm a little crazy.. o.0

2 years ago

is this equation here completely responsible for the smelting time? Or is there something else that comes into it?

simpleCompress.CompressedSmeltCost = simpleCompress.DefaultSmeltCost * simpleCompress.CompressAmount * math.pow(simpleCompress.SmeltRatio, 3)

Oh and the , 3) at the end.
Does that mean that you multiply the Smelt ratio 3 times by itself?

2 years ago

Yes it's to power of 3. I can add a multiplier in the settings in a moment, you can use something like 0.01 if i'll have default 1.0. Having 1000% output is just that much out of the norm.

2 years ago

sry.. I use e.g. Robot World Continued to set the inserter speed to ten times....
That's why I didn't expect this to get out of hand so quickly. ^^
And no rush. I have time^^

2 years ago

It's released and i only had a quick test with 0.01 smelting time. Nothing seemed to be exploding in my test map so all is well i hope.

2 years ago

Nice.
And thanks for the patience. It was supposed to be just a quick question..^^

New response