Shortcuts

Adds a host of useful shortcuts to improve QOL. Shortcuts for the artillery remote, discharge defense remote, tree deconstructor, and toggles for equipment, rail blocks and the player lamp. Also adds in a customizable grid overlay, far zoom and an artillery wagon toggle shortcut. See mod portal FAQ page for a full list of shortcuts and supported mods.

Utilities
4 years ago

b Startup crash v0.7.0

5 years ago

66.653 Error ModManager.cpp:1294: Error while loading shortcut prototype "speed-module-requestor" (shortcut): Key "filename" not found in property tree at ROOT.shortcut.speed-module-requestor.icon
Modifications: Shortcuts
67.063 Crop bitmaps.
67.067 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 3)
67.083 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
67.083 Created atlas bitmap 2048x520 [not-compressed, mipmap, linear-minification, linear-magnification, linear-mip-level, no-crop, no-scale]
67.095 Texture processor created. GPU accelerated compression Supported: yes, Enabled: yes/yes. Test passed. YCoCgDXT PSNR: 35.83, BC3 PSNR: 33.82
67.115 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 3)
67.206 Sprites loaded
67.216 Generated mipmaps for atlas of size 2048x520
67.219 Custom inputs active: 0
67.220 Factorio initialised
67.223 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading shortcut prototype "speed-module-requestor" (shortcut): Key "filename" not found in property tree at ROOT.shortcut.speed-module-requestor.icon
Modifications: Shortcuts

Mods to be disabled:
• Shortcuts

5 years ago

I'll fix this for the next release
for now go to the mod settings and disable automatic shortcut generation

5 years ago

this is a startup error, how am i supposed to go to mod settings without loading the mod?

5 years ago
5 years ago

and im trying todo the same thing rn, my guess is disable the conflict somehow

5 years ago

Turns out the reason why these are failing is because some selection-tools are composed of icons - not one icon. For these the shortcut generated will look odd, as the shortcut supports only one sprite - not a selection which are composited.
Fix (0.7.1) coming out soon.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

understandable, can probably better reach out to some of the bigger mods like picker to provide official support instead, but for auto gen of random ones, as long as it has a recognizable name next to it, and at least a memorialize icon it should be fine,
also with how many shortcuts this mod adds, can we have a way to increase the max amount of shortcuts that the bar can hold?

5 years ago

Thanks for the request, I'll get picker mod support in the next release.
The auto generated shortcuts are intended to 'fill in' until a request is made for the shortcut to be officially added (with proper icons, etc.)
Unfortunately the shortcut bar and the extended list is out of the scope of modding AFAIK. I would add in a slider to expand it, but I think it's hardcoded in the game. I might experiment with mod-gui to add an 'auxiliary' bar which is separate from the vanilla bar.

5 years ago

0.7.1 released. Should fix the crashing (Although the autogenerated ones which caused the crash will look different in the shortcut due to limitations of the shortcut prototype)

5 years ago

thx :D that was a pretty quick response and patch, initial post only 3 hours ago!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

except now there's the problem of too many shortcuts, the tiny button to open the list goes off my screen
https://gyazo.com/818a302ba72867a05c4e3094f623302f
Edit: thats with 1920x1080 monitor 100% ui size

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Unfortunately the only fix for this is to just disable autogen or the other shortcuts in the mod from the startup option. I can't directly fix this one either as this gui was never intended to handle so many shortcuts.
EDIT: Technically, you could reduce the GUI scale... but I would never sacrifice readability for this.

5 years ago

could you make a non-startup setting per auto-generated shortcut?

5 years ago

This setting has to be in startup because it generates prototypes. I might make a config file to override these settings in the case where it errors.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

im not sure whats possible here but this is speculation as i have some previous experience in modding.
in short tho, is it possible to dynamically add and remove shortcuts from the shortcut list

5 years ago

Nope, once it's loaded in at startup it stays there. I don't think there's a way to hide them either, otherwise I would've made it a per-player setting (which would be a lot more convenient)

New response