Shortcuts

Adds a host of useful shortcuts to improve QOL. Shortcuts for the artillery remote, discharge defense remote, tree deconstructor, and toggles for equipment, rail blocks and the player lamp. Also adds in a customizable grid overlay, far zoom and an artillery wagon toggle shortcut. See mod portal FAQ page for a full list of shortcuts and supported mods.

Utilities
4 years ago

g Flashing power icons

5 years ago

For machines with no/low power.
Would be nice to be able to turn those off/on.
Im not sure if its possible, maybe a toggle to switch the icon to a transparent one or like one pixel or something.

5 years ago

As far as I know the entity alerts are defined in startup, so once disabled at the start of the game session there's no way to reactivate it with a shortcut. I can add in a mod option that disables/enables these for an entire game session though.

5 years ago

Thanks for looking! Are both the alerts and the alert icon defined at startup? I'm not sure how useful it would be to disable the alerts for an entire game session.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

seems like only the icon can be changed. the alert itself is hardcoded to always show the icon. I agree, it's not too useful being able to toggle it for a game session (ideally you'd want to enable it when debugging the grid and disable it when in the rest of the base)

EDIT: It seems that it could be possible with https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/EnergySource#render_no_power_icon, but this requires making disabled duplicates of every entity which uses power in the game, and replacing every entity on the map with the disabled version when switched off. This will cause a huge spike in update usage - too UPS intensive to implement.

New response