Scrapper's Delight

Adds very basic early equipment for use in armors which have equipment grids well before most good equipment is researched, such as those in quick start mods.

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Armor

i Some more possible stuff

NightOps β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

=>Do the names need to have the word scrap in them?

• Possible alternate names: Scrap Capacitor>>Leaky Capacitor (maybe even give it an energy consumption just for laughs), Scrap Construction Robot>>Glitched Construction Robot, Scrap Shield>>Experimental Shield, Scrap Roboport>>Patchwork Roboport.

=>Scrap Exoskeleton?

(Alternate name: Jerry-Rigged Exoskeleton)
- Vanilla gives 30%, so 30% bonus / 8 area = 3.75% per square(1x1); knock off the decimal and wah-la, Scrap Exoskeleton with 3% bonus and in 1x1 module. Filling the same space as the vanilla exo, but with scraps would only yield 24% bonus. 6% less than vanilla. For power 200kw / 30% = 6.67kw per 1%. Times that by 3% and you get 20kw. I think it's fine to leave it at that.

=>Scrap Discharger?

(Alternate name: Prototype Discharger)
+ An early prototype of the discharge defense. Range = 10 (vanilla = 10), AOE = 8 (8), Atk Spd = 0.3/s (0.4/s), Damage = 10 electric (100), energy per use = 150kw (2MJ).
* With these stats, the scrap version would be proportional for energy use per damage out, but would have less overall damage compared to the vanilla for the same grid area taken (assumes scrap version is 1x1).

=> Early Armor Grid as an optional dependency?

• This mod adds equipment grid to light and heavy armor. It pairs really well with your mod. With these two mods, I can get bots pretty much immediately without going straight to fusion like some other early bot mods. You might consider adding it as an optional dependency.

P.S. I'm experimenting with markdown. You may end up seeing me edit this numerous times.

3 years ago

Good suggestions, I think. I named them all 'Scrap' just because I put too much thought into it and just went with a universal name for everything. Renames are easy enough, so I'll bundle that in with the update I've been working on in response your other post. The new items will be added in a second update. I was debating the addition of an exoskeleton myself, but never thought much about the discharge equipment. I'll see about adding both.

3 years ago

Might add a minor consumption to the capacitor too, sounds both funny and like a good debuff to the thing.
If you want a mention, I can add your name to the capacitor's description and say you busted it. :P

NightOps β˜†
3 years ago

LOL

3 years ago

Sound good?

NightOps β˜†
3 years ago

That's fine with me.

3 years ago

Most of this should be implemented now, in addition to some of your improvement suggestions in the other post. Let me know if there's anything else to improve on or if I missed anything. Still working on the other pieces of equipment.

NightOps β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Integrated Medical Apparatus

• Does a constant -1 poison damage (negative damage heals) to your character every 10 seconds (atk spd = 0.1/s) for 10kw. Power requirement may need balancing later, but I feel this is a good start.

Mechanical Claw Extension

• Increases reach distance by 2 for each, doesn't take power just like armor pockets mod doesn't.
  • Jinkies! I just took a look at what it actually takes for armor pockets mod to work. It would be a little tricky to do this from scratch. Good thing you could probably just paste over the script from armor pockets and just change the aspect being augmented (reach instead of inventory).
NightOps β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Headlamp Attachment

• Illuminates the area around you. Works like nightvision, but is always on. Drains a constant 10kw. It would actually be really nice to have such an effect. Stupid flashlight ain't bright enough during dusk and dawn.
NightOps β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Dull Mining Gizmo

• Gives you 10% boost to mining speed. Maybe 20kw power draw while mining? Don't exactly know how to go about making it only draw power while mining, but I would probably take a look at Useful Equipment to get an idea of how their craft assistant item works.
NightOps β˜†
3 years ago

Kinetic Generator

• Makes power whenever you move around, but reduces movement speed.
  • Use the exoskeleton module as the base and modify it to give a negative speed bonus and to generate power instead of using it. Since exoskeletons give a percent bonus, make the kinetic generator give a hard detriment (-0.05) to speed instead: (game.player.character_running_speed_modifier = 0; 0 is no modifier, -.5 is slow, -1 will walk backwards and 3 is adderal speed). Or something like that.
3 years ago

Kinetic generator might be difficult. I gave it a shot, but I'm still beating my head against a wall trying to get it to generate energy whilst lowering run speed.

NightOps β˜†
3 years ago

Pretty sure that you can just make the runspeed bonus, as well as the energy consumption be negative values.

3 years ago

It didn't accept negative values, giving an error on startup about values not able to be negative.

3 years ago

Just a temporary note, I am taking a short break from Factorio modding, both to work on mods for other games and to take a break in general. Should be back to it in a couple weeks at most.

New response