Schall Suit

Adds a few non-combat suit dedicated for engineers. Enhanced carrying capacity and equipment grid for efficient base building, but absolutely no combat capability. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Armor

g [Solved] Any chance of jetpack compatibility?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

first of all I love all of your mods, thanks for taking the time to improve the game!

Not sure if you are taking requests but would be amazing if this mod recognised the jetpack (from space exploration mod cluster) as a non combat item. Isaac Clarke had jetpack / hover technology so it fits with the theme ;)

3 years ago

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it!

As what you mentioned, such movement equipment fits the theme. (As long as it is not combat equipment, it would be fine.)

I assume you are talking about using it on Engineering suit and its upgrades? (Not for Basic engineering suit though, it just have a very tiny grid and is supposed to have batteries only.)
This mod should automatically support any non-combat equipment (neither energy shield nor active defense equipment) that works on vanilla power armours. If not, maybe it is not designed to be used on power armours in general, or not being added in proper data stage in the original mod.
I do not have time to try out new mods, but I will let you know when I find out anything.

3 years ago

Yes, all power armors and even modular armor support it. Please look for adding support into your lovely peaceful worker armors too, because Jetpack is purely a movement/scouting tool, it doesn't give any warfare features. Yes, jetpack is a little strange in terms of fuel consumption and it intentionally hinders shield equipment, but it fits your Suit theme definitely.

BTW all your service mods are very nice and have a great compatibility for any type of game. I do recommend to everyone your Suit, TransportGroup and other small mods. Thank you a lot!

3 years ago

Finally have time to try out new (to me) mods...
Just released 1.1.1, which should support the Jetpack equipment on my engineering suit. See if it works for you.

PS1: The Jetpack equipment is using non-vanilla equipment category "armor-jetpack". That is why it was not automatically supported by my former code. Yet I think Earendel has the right choice, to avoid it being installed to vehicles. (Similar situation to vanilla exoskeletons... Putting them on tanks seems ridiculous but definitely OP.)
PS2: I now see the reason why you guys want this working on my suits. Really fun flying around, especially over obstacles (trees) and worst enemies (trains). Packing 56(!) Jetpacks on the same equipment grid offers really great mobility.

3 years ago

Thank you!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Sorry for the super delayed reply, took a long break from Factorio.

Thanks Garrotte for clarifying and Schall thank you so much for adding this! Can't wait to dive into a new playthrough with a flying engi!

New response