Schall Suit

Adds a few non-combat suit dedicated for engineers. Enhanced carrying capacity and equipment grid for efficient base building, but absolutely no combat capability. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Armor

i [Request] Nanobots mod compatibility

4 years ago

Could you please permit to insert the following modules from the Nanobots mod into the Suit?
Automatic item retriever
Automatic tree cutter
Nanobot logistic interface

4 years ago

I have added a new Q&A in FAQ as instructions for mod authors of modded equipment. Please ask your favourite mod author (Nanobots mod in this case) to add the lines.

Q: I am a mod author. I want some of my equipment usable on engineering suits, what can I do?
A: For basic engineering suit, please add "armor-early" to the list in equipment categories. (Something like categories = {"armor", "armor-early"} in your equipment prototype declarations.)
For the more advanced engineering suits, equipment with category "armor" are automatically supported. This means anything usable in vanilla power armours are also usable in them.

The reason to change in equipment mods, rather than armour mods (this mod in this case):
It is much more likely the name of those mod equipment may be changed for any reason (like authors giving prefixes to names, adding multiple tiers, etc.). Thus appending category from equipment mod side would be a smarter way.
In comparison, I would probably not rename this equipment category "armor-early". (Unless vanilla really decides to use this identical category name, which is highly unlikely.)

4 years ago

Nevermind then. I doubt that the author of Nanobots (287134 downloads) will adapt his mod for the Suit (565 downloads)

4 years ago

Whatever you say.

Basic engineering suit is available from start (no research required), thus by no means taking feature of a mid/late game power armour.
Other mods may use their own judgement to add usability (or whatever they want) to this basic suit, but I am not the one to do that.

New response