Schall Starting Tech

Adjustable starting technology levels. Options on unlock all tech as researched, exclude sapce science techs, infinite tech individual levels, and more. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Cheats

g [Responded] boblogistics (Not my problem)

3 years ago

needs to be added as ?dependency :-)

3 years ago

Why? This mod has nothing to do with those mods.

I added the optional dependencies on Schall Alien Loot and Schall Alien Tech just to indicate it has some interaction (extra feature) with them. This mod still works well without the optional dependencies.
I don't understand why optional dependency is needed for irrelevant mods.

3 years ago

because it crashes the game otherwise.

3 years ago

What is the error message?
Why can optional dependency solve that?

3 years ago

boblogistics tries to access its globals before its on_init runs, adding it as a ?dependency to your mod makes on_init run before your mod attempts to execute on_player_created event.

3 years ago

because his mod reacts to research being completed - you could also resolve this in your mod by having research unlocked a few ticks after the game begins and not right at the start.

3 years ago

Finally can reproduce your error by manually changing to load this mod before boblogistics.
(Different from yours, my game loads boblogistics first, which does not show such error.)

Honestly, this bug is caused by boblogistics.
In its control.lua line 222, it should have a validity check.
I replaced the line:

if global.bobmods.logistics[player_index].show then

with

if global.bobmods and global.bobmods.logistics[player_index].show then

And it still works. The game can be properly started, with the long-handed GUI showing up on upper-left.
So you should report this bug to boblogistics, not here. Maybe they will have more proper fix than this.

PS: There are probably several other mods (and scenarios) changing research status at the start.
So is it more suitable to solve the bug from where it is made? Or rather to request every such mods to tinker with the load order?

New response