Schall Recipe Scaling

Adds scaled up version of recipes, in order to get around the game limitation (60 crafting per second) faced by very high speed machines. This allows for true mass production under healthy UPS. Designed for supporting scaled up machines from “Schall Machine Scaling” mod. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Pending] Optional Deps

3 years ago

Any chance on adding optional dependencies on bio industries and space exploration and space exploration postprocess mods so this mod runs after them, right now both of those mods are adjusting recipes in final fixes based on configurations and other mod data and thus the copied recipes are ending up very wrong (and very cheap in the scaled version)? :-)

3 years ago

Can you give me the mod list string that I can add directly to info.json file?
(Example: "base >= 1.1.0", "? SchallMachineScaling", "(?) SchallTankPlatoon", "(?) Krastorio2")

I do not play overhaul mods, so probably I cannot find out the correct list and test on my laptop anyway...
It would even be better if you can apply this string to your own copy first, to see if this really solves the modification order.

PS: Honestly, I never understand why many mods are all shifting the supposed data-updates phase code to the data-final-fixes phase... Maybe the first bad apple decided to override others to win the "war of last edit". Then the arms race started that every mod follow the same bad practice.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Can you give me the mod list string that I can add directly to info.json file?

Just adding these should be sufficient for these two mods (or use (?) instead of ? to hide the dependency, but I'm personally not a fan of that but eh):

"? Bio_Industries",
    "? space-exploration-postprocess",

I do not play overhaul mods, so probably I cannot find out the correct list and test on my laptop anyway...
It would even be better if you can apply this string to your own copy first, to see if this really solves the modification order.

It's a server set synchronized to the mod portal so difficult there, I can test on my own later but I looked at their code to see when their processing happens.

PS: Honestly, I never understand why many mods are all shifting the supposed data-updates phase code to the data-final-fixes phase... Maybe the first bad apple decided to override others to win the "war of last edit". Then the arms race started that every mod follow the same bad practice.

Honestly there needs to be a priority list but not how the API works so not much can be done about it unless everyone decided to use one centralized library for such registrations (good luck? ^.^; ), but for the two above mods it mostly makes sense as they are adding components to a recipe in one case after other mods may possibly edit them, and the other is moving a recipe from one recipe type to another so it goes in another building while containing whatever other changes are done to it first (among other recipes).

But yeah, the factorio API should become a priority list based on what kind of access they want to do (like one that wants read-only access to X recipes should be able to run after everything edits them but isn't allowed to modify them, though could do others).

3 years ago

I will add them to the next version.

If playing game on a server, I think you can still save the game, then load it in single player mode. It should still work, unless there are some rare mod(s) that does not work on single player mode. At least this has worked for most (if not all) of my save files, which were saved when I played in those public multiplayer servers.
So you can still test with your own modified copy of mods, or any mod combination you like. Please try.

Yours is an perfect example to show why cross-editing is a bad practice. Their authors should have communications on where the compatibility code should be placed, instead of mutually editing each other...
These kind of cross-editing makes any third mod (like this mod, or my another mod on configuring belt speeds) difficult to step in. If the solution is simple enough (like this case, I just have to ensure to load latest, in order to clone and multiply the "final" recipes...), I can still add the support.
But in many case the situations are much more complicated (like some mods changing all the vanilla equipment categories, and users request my armours and equipment to support that...), it would be rather difficult for a non-player (like me) to figure out what magic they have cast.

3 years ago

On whether to "hide" the optional dependency, I have a different viewpoint as a mod author.
Because if I have a "visible" dependency, it may gives a false hope to the users that I may have added/changed some contents with it. But indeed it is not, just merely for the load order.

So in my practice, I only use visible dependencies, if there are some code dedicated written or have some significant involvements with it.
If nothing (except the load order) is changed, I will use hidden dependencies.

New response