Schall Recharging Weapon

Experimental recharge mechanism. Introduced energy weapons, which recharge from personal batteries! Currently includes laser rifle, laser sniper rifle, laser shotgun, laser machine gun, mega laser cannon, chainsaw. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

b [Responded] Compatibility (Will not implement)

3 years ago

I'm currently playing with the Space Exploration mod which removes the Energy Weapons Damage research category and replaces it with Laser Turret Damage, I'm fairly sure (although I can't see the damage values directly) that it's not giving the bonuses to your weapons. I have gone over the researches and bonuses tab and am unable to find the guns but I can on the Laser Shooting Speed research (which I'm assuming was not replaced in Space Exploration). Would it be possible to resolve this from your end?

3 years ago

Just learned it isn't Space Ex that added it, either Rampant Arsenal or Barons Turrets. I'll do a bit of hunting

3 years ago

It's definitely Rampant Arsenal. I've been testing another mod and turned off Barons Turrets to check at the same time

3 years ago

Sorry but no.
Many overhaul mods like to introduce their own set of techtree. Rampant Arsenal is just one of them.
It is very complex in logic to be compatible with most of them, especially users can have very different mod set.

If you know at least some file editing, you may try to modify the files (as private copy) to be compatible with your specific mod set.
After decompression of this mod, look into prototypes/technology.lua. Locate tech.name:match and ammo_category, then modify the values to what should be referenced to.

3 years ago

I may give it a go if the author to Rampant doesn't answer or won't implement. I've found the shotgun to be just effective enough for now to save me some resources on ammo but am switching to AP rounds to handle larger groups of lower level (and sometimes laser resistant biters)

3 years ago

Still nothing from their end but I spotted an option in their mod settings that returns the original technologies. Definitely not balanced but solves the immediate problem

New response