Schall Recharging Weapon

Experimental recharge mechanism. Introduced energy weapons, which recharge from personal batteries! Currently includes laser rifle, laser sniper rifle, laser shotgun, laser machine gun, mega laser cannon, chainsaw. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat

g X-Com lives on

4 years ago

Just noticed the weapon sprites are from the first X-Com Enemy Unknown, fond memories.

4 years ago

Yeah, I love the classic X-Com so much!
The elements of troops management and all the tactical variations are what I love most, which are still not achieved by any turn-based tactical game!
Commanding like 20 soldiers on the batllefield, and let them doing different actions with fine details, are what I get the most fun from.

Its so-called spiritual successor is totally another story. Although many new and young gamers love it... With only six soldiers on the field, and only two actions can be performed per turn? It hardly qualifies as a tactical game to me...

BTW, OpenXCom is a much better modernization and continuation of the classic. Together with all its mods, I would say it is the true spiritual successor. You should try it, if you have not done so!

4 years ago

Thanks, haven't heard of OpenXCom until now. I'll definitely take a look.

4 years ago

Have you tried Phoenix Point? An X-com formulae designed around first person aiming, 4 actions per turn and movement allowing to the max in any order (so you can step out a tile, use the other 3 actions and still use the rest of that action to move somewhere else). Also Xenonuats isn't a bad X-com clone

4 years ago

Have not tried Phoenix Point yet. 4 actions per turn does not sound that enough, but I will see how well it works out.
As my personal preference to turn-based tactics, classic X-Com is the best, whereas the Fallout 1/2 are doing also quite well.

Yes, Xenonauts is a nice clone. I had a pleasant experience with it.
Its air combat system is definitely the best, greatly exceeding any games that I known of! Hope its sequel will at least keep this innovative air combat system.
In contrast, the other aspects of Xenonauts are rather mediocre (under my high demands), nothing else give me a deep impression.
Still, this faithful & mediocre clone is way much better than the eye-catching but bad IP-bearing crap.

4 years ago

I found EU, EW, 2 and WOTC to all have very interesting concepts but the 2 turn combat is a bit too simplistic for my liking (although mods breathed a lot of extra life into them). The MECs and gene enhancement from EW, making permanent changes to your soldiers for tactical benefit in particular felt dark and desperate thematically and I loved that.

New response