Schall Pipe Scaling

Adds scaled up versions in different sizes for various pipes and pumps. Designed for supporting scaled up machines from “Schall Machine Scaling” mod. Includes pipe, pipe to ground, pump, offshore pump, heat pipe. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics Fluids

i [Responded] Mode pipes? :) (Will not implement)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Is there a support planned for the other pipe types of Bob, Angel's and Py ?
I like to see a Niob +3 pipe :D

mod links:
- https://mods.factorio.com/mod/boblogistics
- https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyindustry

3 years ago

Sorry, but I think not.
I do not have time to explore overhaul mods, nor my laptop will be able to load such vast amount of new graphics and entities.
This mod will only provide overtiers for vanilla entities only.

I have majorly refactored my code to support potential any entities of same types I am using (as long as they are "pure" entities, which do not rely on control scripts.) So you may try to read my code and add your own entries to it. You could even turn such code into an extension mod.

3 years ago

Yeah ok, sounds reasonable :)

3 years ago

Hm, I looked into your code but I'm not really sure where to do it. The current stuff looks like hardcoded or I don't understand it correctly. Perhaps we can do a short example and then I can do it myself?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If you are using the latest versions (0.17.7 / 0.18.3), the code should not have hard-coded part, it should be fully modular.
Say, if you want to add a new pipe-to-ground entity (where type = "pipe-to-ground"), then go to prototypes folder and you will find pipe-to-ground.lua. Open the file with a decent text editor (never use Windows "Notepad"...)
You will find the local PT_specs table. Try to understand the existing entry I have made for vanilla "pipe-to-ground", then add (duplicate then modify) a new entry for your modded entity with the correct name.

The file and code structures are the same as Schall Machine Scaling. Actually I think its prototypes\assembling-machine.lua is a better file to learn how to start with adding a new entry. (Say, try to add AM1 and AM2 to the file.)

PS1: There is only one exception entity that cannot go fully modular: the nuclear reactor.
The number of heat pipe connections are limited by the game. So they cannot go fully modular like other entities. I have to apply a custom set of points to go around the limitation, while still looking nice and still support neighbouring bonus.

PS2: The nuclear reactor (as mentioned by PS1) is the best example AGAINST your request in another post about generic scaling. The auto-created entities can fail to work, if not undergo tests. Generic scaling is an ambitious but dumb idea to generate a lot of game-breaking errors.

3 years ago

Ok thanks for the good response

New response