Schall Endgame Evolution

Adds GUI to display evolution factor and monitor alien spawn rates. Adds progressively higher tiers of aliens (configurable) at very-late game, bringing some real challenge! (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

i [Solved] Setting for width

3 years ago

First of all, love your mod, it's awesome <3.
I am playing with a lot of mods adding biters, unfortunately this increases the width of your GUI to screen width, hiding a lot of information behind the minimap.
I have changed your mod a little bit to make the GUI width a runtime-setting and added a scroll-bar to access everything: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/236586880873791489/697550248393834589/unknown.png
Please get in touch with me so I can give you more information

3 years ago

Thanks for your love. These kind comments keep me motivated, letting me know these mods are worth my time. :-)

Yes, I am interested to add the horizontal scroll-bar. I do not use a lot of mods, so I am not aware of it.
I am relatively new to Factorio GUI programming, so if you can tell me what functions/properties I need to call, that would certainly be very helpful.

Some fine details:
1/ I wanted the scroll bar to exist only past a certain threshold. (Thus, the "softcore" players like me with only 4 types of spawners do not see the scroll bar at all.) So only the more "hardcore" players with many modded spawners would have to use the "width option". I am not sure how these could work together, before I really try implementing the code. Perhaps you will have a better idea.
2/ What are the mods you are using for such many types of spawners? (Where many of them seems the same to each other...)
3/ I have just an idea popped in my mind: adding a new option field for filtering on spawner name, which I have similarly done a lot in Schall Recipe Scaling allowing Lua pattern matching. So I can exclude spawner types generated by, for example, Creative Mod. (CM created a clone of every existing spawner, so making "redundant" entries like in your screenshot.) Not sure if it could be useful to your case.

3 years ago

Sorry for my late response, been a busy week
1/ The scroll bar actually already behaves like that , only if the content needs a scroll bar, that is, the content is too wide for the frame, a scroll bar appears
2/ I am using Armoured Biters, Swarmageddon and Rampant, I think it is just a problem with the sprites, because while there are a lot of biters they are quite different
3/ Filtering sounds like a great idea, would you like to create a github repo for your mod so we can work on it together?

The scroll bar is relatively easy to use, instead of adding the table to the frame directly I put it in a scroll pane inside the frame:
sp = frame.add {type = "scroll-pane", name = "scroll-pane_evo_frame", horizontal_scroll_policy = "always" }
sp.style["extra_left_padding_when_activated"] = 10
and then set the maximal framewidth to the setting or default of 1200:
local size_width = settings.get_player_settings(player)["endgameevolution-gui-size"].value
frame.style["maximal_width"] = size_width
sp.style["extra_right_padding_when_activated"] = 10

3 years ago

setting:
{
type = "int-setting",
name = "endgameevolution-gui-size",
order = "ee-g-4",
setting_type = "runtime-per-user",
minimum_value = 100,
maximum_value = 3000,
default_value = 1200
},

3 years ago

Thanks for the info.
These days I played with the GUI API a lot (including "scroll-pane") when making my private mod. I have found out how the scroll bar works with that.
I have learnt a lot about GUI style programming, so I think a big part of my current code can be improved and tidied up. The process is going to take some time. I guess I can finish the update this or next week. (Will also include the spawner filter as mentioned previously.)

I am not too interested in creating a Github repo yet, as I can still manage my mods well with constant updates. Having to maintain files on repo in sync takes additional time from me, yet do not offer too much benefits.
Maybe I will do this if I have less time and give up Factorio modding. But such a time has not come yet.
BTW, just realized I have released 42 mods now! (Not counting my private mods.) Putting them all to Github repo sounds like a job of madness...

3 years ago

Versions 0.17.11 / 0.18.3 both allow setting frame width and height, are just released.
I did with my own code, but should achieve the same purpose.

The spawner name filter is also implemented, try it out and tell me if it works well for you.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Anyone else have crash when clicking evolution icon?
Using factorio 18.19 or 18.21 both crashes for endgame 18.3

3 years ago

Can you provide the error message, or screenshot of it?

New response