Schall Endgame Evolution

Adds GUI to display evolution factor and monitor alien spawn rates. Adds progressively higher tiers of aliens (configurable) at very-late game, bringing some real challenge! (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

i [Solved] setting request

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

please add a setting to customize the resistances of biters - ex high level bitters are only really vulnerable to fire, i would like a setting to change that (even though it would not necessarily fit the pattern set by the vanilla biters)

thx -DK

4 years ago

Hmm... I am not sure if I want to do that, due to a few reasons:
1/ I have set category VI as max in default settings, as I do NOT expect casual players to handle category VII or above.
2/ I have Schall Alien Tech which have provided a whole series of turrets with fire/electric damage. They should have offered enough firepower, for up to category X. (I am not proficient in defense building, but they can barely hold off category XII in my base. So I set the limit the category X, to make myself comfortable with the gameplay.)
3/ Category XI or above are NOT meant to be played at all. (At least not by my set of mods.) They are meant to be OP. I will not weaken them by any means, just because players feel they are OP. They are for very hardcore players with OP weapon mods only.

So instead of lower the resistances of biters, you should lower the upper limit instead.

4 years ago

i was planning to increase the resistance to fire to maintain balance between it and the other damage types ( i agree they should be OP i just want there to be viable options other then just MORE FIRE!!!)

4 years ago

I did not make the fire resistance as high, because of two reasons:
1/ Vanilla flame (the thing on ground) is doing prolonged damage but at small value. (Guess they may not scaled with flamethrower damage tech.) Turning fire resistance will just turn it the damage to very low values or even zero.
2/ Actually I expected the players to use my particle turrets (useful against aliens, but consume ammo which are certainly not cheap). I did NOT expect players to rely on flamethrower turrets: The flame from vanilla flamethrower turret is so slow in damaging, as mentioned by point 1.

4 years ago

for the first point the fact that flame is AOE and that it deals damage 6 times/sec makes it the clear vanilla choice
for the 2nd i am planning a playthrough with no modded weapons (other then personal effects)

i am not asking for a change by default, just a setting to change it to make it harder

that said it is your mod, if you really dont want to i am willing to accept that

4 years ago

Alright, if you want to raise fire resistance, then it is doable. (As long as it is not nerfing the aliens.)
Maybe I will offer an additional mod option, to make it the same level like laser and electric resistances. Is it okay for you?

I am quite occupied these weeks, maybe I will find some time next (or two) week to make it out.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

that would work, thank you

4 years ago

Version 0.17.10 / 0.18.2 has provided mod option to adjust fire resistance levels. Please check.

3 years ago

it works, thx

New response