Schall Endgame Evolution

Adds GUI to display evolution factor and monitor alien spawn rates. Adds progressively higher tiers of aliens (configurable) at very-late game, bringing some real challenge! (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

i [Responded] GUI info for Biter Factions mod (Will not implement)

4 years ago

First of all, thank you for your mods! They are really interesting and add new edges to the game.

There is one mod - Biter Factions. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/biter_factions
(The biters have had enough of eachother, and have split into 5 warring factions, each vying to kill one another and take over the world)
So, is it possible to make your GUI more compatible with this mod (more informative)? Is it possible to see some info of all 5 factions?
There are the print commands provided by that mod.
See: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/biter_factions/discussion/5dd5cda218b14c000d7199e4
Thank you anyway :)

4 years ago

While this would be a great feature, I have to give up on it with my current Factorio API skill level.
Short explanation: Supporting modded spawners will cause MP desync.

Long explanation:
I have actually considered to do it in general: "smartly" scans all spawners and list them all on GUI, but the GUI is MUCH more complicated than I thought.
It is because GUI is actually stored under player object in save game, hence it needs to save & load properly across save game. Multiplayer desync caused by this is very hard to avoid, especially when players can add/remove mods in different game session.
Maybe I will try to implement this in the future, but for now I do not have sufficient knowledge to support modded spawners while avoiding MP desync.

4 years ago

Oh, ok! I see.
Anyway you do a great job! Thank you!

4 years ago

Hi again. After learning (and practicing) more Factorio Lua programming, I have found a much simpler way to support modded spawners without MP desync or other compatibility problems.
I have applied that to 0.17.10 / 0.18.2. They should principally show info of all modded spawners, too. I have tested with "Cold Biters" and "Explosive Biters" mod. Their modded spawners are displayed.

But as you are for "Biter Factions" mod, I actually realize there are NOT new spawner types, right? So there are no new spawner types to show in the GUI... So the new updates are not useful to such use...

The main problem to support "Biter Factions" mod is: there are five factions, each have their own different evolution factor values. But for my mod GUI, I am scratching my head but still cannot think of a proper way to fit five evolution factor values (and the derived evolution phases), together with different lists of spawning probabilities according to each faction's evolution factor. That would need a major revamp of the whole GUI. I would become a detailed table or interface like the production statistics screen, instead of my current small side panel.
So I do not think I can support this part.

New response