Schall Circuit Scaling

Adds scaled down versions in different sizes for various circuit components. With these mini- and micro-sized (sub-tile) components, circuit designs can be made much more compact. It is also possible to construct dot matrix lamp display with finer “pixels”, offering higher resolution! Works best with “Schall Lamp Contrast” mod. Includes lamp, arithmetic combinator, decider combinator, constant combinator. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Circuit network

g [Pending] should have been in base game

5 months ago

Schall my friend, you are a LEGEND!
I can't believe more people aren't using this mod. And some of your other ones as well.
You have the highest quality (most bug-free) mods I've tried in my 2,000 hours.
Do you have a Patreon etc for donations?

5 months ago

Hmmm.... just my luck. I go bragging on this mod, and immediately have its first crash. See my bug report at https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallCircuitScaling/discussion/65466645c9d572fac0a35d6e

5 months ago

Thanks for your warm comment! This really motivates me in mod development, instead of just creating mods alone and wondering if anyone ever find my mods useful.

Regarding donations, I have never tried any such platforms before.
Just checked with descriptions of Patreon and other fundraising/donation platforms.
From what I read from them (like 1, 2, 3, they have all mentioned that Patreon demands to publish content every month (called "creator commitment" in some pages). I cannot find such or similar wordings in official Patreon site though.
But if it is the case, then it seems not so suitable to my case... I may launch multiple updates in a week, which are all just minor bugfixes or minor features. In contrast, it typically takes a few months to publish a new mod. I do not want to publish meaningless updates, just to fulfill such creator commitment. Maybe youtubers and photographers find this a non-issue, but it is not as friendly for pure game modders like me.

Ko-fi and Buy Me A Coffee sounds better alternatives to Patreon. Their donation model seems less restrictive to both creator and patrons.
Have you tried any of these (or any others)? Would you prefer (or dislike) any of them?

After setting up such an account, I may put up some of my "waiting list" of new features or new mods (that I have planned for a loooong time). Letting donators to pick or suggest features that I will consider with higher priority. Do you think this will be a suitable setup?

5 months ago

That last idea is fabulous. It's basically a bounty system for new features (and bug fixes?).

I took a quick look at those 2 sites just now. Neither requires me to have an account to donate. But Ko-Fi is more popular, easier to understand, and does not take a tax on your donations. Buy Me takes 5% of everything. Based on that I might have to start using Ko-Fi for my own stuff!!

Let me know if you set up an account and i'll be the first to use it!

New response