Schall Belt Configuration

A minimalistic mod allowing changing vanilla belt settings, including belt speed and underground belt max distance. Also adds options on unlocking loaders. Supports mods “Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders” and “Space Exploration”. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

g [Solved] Belts faster than Loaders (Not my problem)

3 years ago

First, thanks for the awesome mod. I've speeded up my blue belts to 8 but now they are much faster than the loaders. I don't see a way to set a factor for the loaders. This causes problems with the supersized furnaces and assembly machines as there are now 2.5X more belts than needed and physical space on the side of the furnaces is limited. Am I doing something wrong or is there a workaround?

3 years ago

Can you check the item/entity tooltip of the express belt and express loaders, that they are displaying "120 item/s" or otherwise?

3 years ago

Thanks for the response. The unloaders are displaying 360 items/s (I didn't know you could get this information). This matches my blue belts which are also 360 items/s. However, I'm still concerned. When you make a level 4 furnace making copper if you have one unloader to one belt coming out of the furnace, the belt isn't "full". There are spaces between the copper plates on the belt as long as the copper plates are being taken off the belt. If you stop taking the copper off the belt then the belt fills up indicated by no space between the copper plates.

3 years ago

Oh, wait... Setting to 8 should give 120 item/s. (As speed 1 refers to the basic transport belt of 15 item/s.) And my allowed maximum value is 12 (180 item/s). How did you get 360 item/s???
I am still on 1.1.6 (as I am not updated to 1.1.11 yet), but I do not believe the vanilla game is taking such a radical change in mid-version. Are you using some other mods that also alter the belt speeds?

Secondly, there is no surprise loaders are not working at 360 item/s (no matter which mod is responsible for altering it).
As I have already stated on my mod main page:

• (Tested on game version 0.18.30) Scale 8 (120 items/s) is the maximum speed for any loaders, due to engine limitation.

I believe this statement still holds (at least up to 1.1.6), as the devs have never updated the loader limitation.

3 years ago

Under "Schall Belt Configuration" the "Speed scale Express transport belt (3) " is set to 8. In the about screen for the game says I'm using version 1.0.0 (build 548889) Steam version.

3 years ago

I am pretty sure that speed scale 8 still gives 120 item/s in version 1.0.0.
Are you using some other mods that also alter the belt speeds?

3 years ago

Yes, I'm using Global Tick Time Scale since my UPS was getting very low. Looks like that is the problem. Thank you for your help and the awesome mod.

New response