Schall Belt Configuration

A minimalistic mod allowing changing vanilla belt settings, including belt speed and underground belt max distance. Also adds options on unlocking loaders. Supports mods “Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders” and “Space Exploration”. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Solved] Space Exploration Integration

4 years ago

I was hoping you could look at integrating Space Exploration in your mod. It uses the Tier 3 speed and distance. Thank you again Schallfalke for the awesome mod!

4 years ago

OK, let me understand more first.

Honestly, I don't really have the time to try (I mean, spending some hours to really play) any overhaul mods.
So can you first describe briefly how the belt system in Space Exploration (abbreviated as "SE" below) differ from vanilla? Especially answering the following questions will help:
1. Does SE remove some/all of vanilla belt types? If so, which are removed?
2. Does SE add any new belt types? If so, how many different types?
3. What vanilla belt types are still used by SE? If so, what is the relative "class" to other SE belts?
4. Are the two mods crashing currently? (e.g., fail to start, or fatal error when playing.)
5. Are the two mods conflicting currently? (e.g., any desired modifications to belts.)
6. What are your expectations to the integration? (The more details, the better. Like a complete list of belts and their default speed and distance.)

PS: Very often, overhaul mods do not have any documentation regarding their item details. That's why I found it very difficult to support/integrate with them, without spending several tens or hundreds of hours to "know" what I need to support.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks for the reply
1. SE does not remove the belts
2. SE adds a 1 new belt type, space belt. "space-transport-belt", "space-splitter", "space-underground-belt"
3. All 3 vanilla belts exist and are unaltered
4. No crashes. Currently I use schall belt config with SE.
5. No because the only mod altering the vanilla belts is yours.
6. Lol sorry about that. SE adds a belt type that is required in space. No other belt can be placed in orbit. My request is to apply the speed multiplier and underground distance to the space belt tier. My suggestion is not to add a new config option but just apply the tier 3 speed and distance to the space belt tier.

SE does a table.deepcopy(data.raw["transport-belt"]["express-transport-belt"] to copy all the settings for the tier 3 belts. Here are some values that I found
data.raw["transport-belt"]["space-transport-belt"].speed = 0.09375
data.raw["splitter"]["space-splitter"].speed = 0.09375
data.raw["underground-belt"]["space-underground-belt"].speed = 0.09375
data.raw["underground-belt"]["space-underground-belt"].max_distance = 6

4 years ago

Thanks for your answers. This is much faster than for me to explore the mod by myself.
And OK, sounds SE just did minor changes to belt systems.
Your request is simple too. Just applying the express belt speed (and distance) to space belts, so no additional option settings required.
Guess I will upload the new version on... Thursday. (My usual update schedule, except for hotfix.)

4 years ago

Added this feature in 0.17.4.
Should work automatically.

4 years ago

Nice! I am going to check it out now. I will let you know if there is any issues. Thank you for taking the time for the suggestion.

4 years ago

OH YEAH!!! Its working great! This is awesome!!

3 years ago

Space Exploration has Deep Space belts and undergrounds as well which aren't affected at all by this mod, also would be nice if this mod didn't overwrite the Space Exploration's "Space Belt" to match with Express Belts, have them be separate (since Space Exploration has it's own config for it's belt speeds, just lacks an underground distance adjustment option)

Was kinda hoping for options to modify the different Deep Space belts and undergrounds to be included

New response