Schall Belt Configuration

A minimalistic mod allowing changing vanilla belt settings, including belt speed and underground belt max distance. Also adds options on unlocking loaders. Supports mods “Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders” and “Space Exploration”. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Solved] Increase Underground Belt Length

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I was wondering if you could increase the length of the tier 1 and tier 2 underground belt to a max of 17 and 35. I play unique play through that buses are 16 belts long and your mod works great. The Tier 1 would work but the distance is 16 plus the placement of the belt so 17. I would also like the Tier 2 to be double so 32 plus 2 for the space between buses and 1 for the underground belt placement so 35 for tier 2. tier 3 works great at 53 or 3 buses plus 2 spaces. Thank you for the great mod.

4 years ago

Wow! So are you using width-16 main bus? This sounds really a lot!
I thought adjusting belt speed already reduce the width of main bus already! :O

I have to think about this, before drawing any conclusions. It is because 17, 35, 53 are not particularly convincing numbers. I would prefer a number sequence which is more "mathematically beautiful".
I am currently using 16, 32, 64 because they are powers of 2, and also multiples of chunk size. But using 32, 64, 128 will not be good, since 128 would be insanely long. Distance 128 underground belts sound too OP, even for me.

At the moment, you can make yourself a custom version. Just edit "settings.lua" in the decompressed mod folder. You will find those maximum values and you can adjust them to suit your needs.

4 years ago

Sounds good. I altered it previously and I agree with why you want to keep it as is. Thank you for looking into it.

4 years ago

Glad you agree with that. Then I will keep the current numbers?

4 years ago

It works fine just adjusting the numbers like you suggested.

4 years ago

Changed in 0.17.4.
The values are largely raised to 32, 64, 96 respectively. (Refer to 1, 2, 3 chunks.)
Guess they are well enough for you needs.

4 years ago

Sweet! Thanks for the update!

New response