Schall Armoured Train

Adds sturdier (armour and vehicle grid) versions of locomotive, cargo wagon and fluid wagon. Also adds unarmoured nuclear-powered locomotive. NEW: Also adds armoured draisines, which were tanks fitted with special rail chassis, able to traverse on rails. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Português Brasileiro, Русский)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Trains Combat

g [Responded] Dependency with Tank Platoon ?

3 years ago

Why this dependency ? What about people who just want armoured trains and/or wagons with equipments grids but who don't want plenty of new tanks ?

3 years ago

Why? Because this mod is like a continuation of Schall Tank Platoon.
And it is logical that the relevant technologies (vehicle armour, equipment) are first developed for tanks, where they are brought to trains afterwards.

Also, I do not want to make DIFFERENT techtrees (namely prerequisites, research costs) in case users have different combinations of Schall Tank Platoon (STP) and Schall Armoured Train (SAT):
- STP only (Current design, subset of my STP + SAT techtree.)
- STP + SAT (Current design, armoured trains come after tanks.)
- SAT only (Have to readjust all prerequisites, and bump up research costs as they are no longer adaptations of tank variants. Also very tricky to have it matching with the STP + SAT techtree, as users can add STP during midgame!)

You may still argue readjustments is not that much. But please also consider I have other mods (Schall Ammo Turret, Schall Gun Pod, Schall Alien Tech, etc) that share some tech prerequisites. The number of possible combinations with each additional relevant mod will at least be doubled, if I allow users to have free combination of my mods.
So it would be better for me, both in logical terms and mod-maintenance terms, to have the dependencies implemented.

New response