Schall Ammo Turrets

Adds turrets covering most existing ammo. Currently includes: minigun turret, sniper turret, rocket turret, autocannon turret, cannon turrets, flamethrower turret - propane gas. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i Graphics thoughts

3 years ago

Since you're already using Yuoki graphics for the Rocket Turret, can I suggest Yuoki's Cannon MK 2 (at least that's how it's labelled in Rampant Arsenal, RA uses it for the Rapid Cannon Turret) for the minigun turret?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Oh, actually those used in this mod were delivered by Yuoki directly. Yuoki may or may not made some specific changes for me.
And indeed Yuoki made one or two dedicated sprite sheet (different colour from RA minigun/cannon MK2 turret) for my minigun turret. I have not applied any one of them to this mod yet, because there are some "minor" flaws in this series of sprite sheets:

If you look at the sprite sheet used by RA minigun/cannon MK2 turret, please look carefully at the leftmost graphics of the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th row. They are supposedly correspond to N, E, S, W directions respectively (Factorio sprite sheet conventions). I name them as R1C1, R3C1, R5C1, R7C1 in the following discussion.
R1C1 points exactly North (0°), no problem, and I use it as the reference.
R5C1 is supposedly to be pointing exactly South (180°), but it is a bit west indeed (~200°).
Likewise, R3C1 and R7C1 should be pointing to exact East (90°) and West (270°), but they are rotated a bit too much (~110°, ~290°).
I pointed these out, and Yuoki said to correct these when making a new one. So I do not want to rush for new graphics, and just waiting for that. Thus still using vanilla gun turret tinted as the temporary replacement.

PS1: One may say the centre of mass (CoM) of gun part is shifted to the right, so gun barrel is pointing off-center to make the bullets to land on the North far away, but this explanation does not applies here.
If such theory holds, the gun barrel should be pointing inward (or to say, opposite to CoM) in order to compensate (say, right hand held gun points a bit left), but this does not apply to this spritesheet. Here only R1C1 is pointing exact (0°), all others are a bit *outward".

PS2: I have thought of cutting C8 to the front as the new C1, but still it would be incorrect.
R2C8 (90°), R4C8 (180°), R6C8 (270°) are pointing to exact directions. But R8C8 is one frame too inward (~340°). So this cutting approach does not hold as a solution.

Sorry again to Yuoki, for I am being so picky on such fine details.

3 years ago

Understood and all makes sense.

Also explains how you've got the high-rez rocket turret :-)

New response