Schall Alien Mutation

Adds laser-resistant aliens, who counter laser turrets. Also adds fire-resistant aliens, who counter flame turrets. They will put some pressure on your base defense. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro, Español)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

g [Solved] Surviving class X biter swarms

4 years ago

So, I am currently playing with death world settings with class X biters, but from my testing, they break through even the most ridiculously overambitious wall designs I make.
Aside from just outright lowering the difficulty to exclude them, is there some efficient way of dispatching a wave of say 10-20 class X biters attacking at the same time? I got both your weapon mods, and rampant.

4 years ago

When it comes to difficulty from new enemy mods, very often the opinions are very split:
Some people think enemies are too weak / game too easy (very often they have other OP weapons mods, like armor grid beyond 20x20, OP turrets, etc), while the other people think it made the game too hard.
So I decided to tune the difficulty to my taste, which is "slightly beyond" how vanilla players can handle, under my "default" settings. And I added all those settings (max tier, new difficulty levels, etc.) to allow players to tune up/down to their tastes.

But yes, you can try to challenge the category X biters with just my other mods. (I playtested these biters with just my mod set, to ensure they can be handled by players.)
In my defense, the most important things are probably the Force Cannon Turret and Stasis Beam Turret (from Schall Alien Tech), to repel/slow those biters. They will buy a lot of time for the damage-dealing turrets. Without them, it is quite impossible to hold the line. But still does not need many of them, just keep biters from melee range is enough.
For DPS turrets, probably you have a lot of choices from other mods.
- If purely from my mod set, I used Cannon Turret (88 or 128 mm) with Uranium Cannon Shells (from Schall Ammo Turrets) at the first line, since physical damage is the most effective against high tier biters. 88 mm shells are more "cost-effective" (in terms of damage/ingredient ratio), but still 128 mm is better if you can afford the cost.
- BFG Turret (from Schall Alien Tech) can be an alternative/mix to above-mentioned Cannon Turret. The direct hit can deal insane damage, while the splash damage can remove the weaklings as well. But I don't rely fully on it, since it consumes quite much Alien Artifact as ammo. (I have to conserve the use because I play on default "medium" loot richness.)
- Flamethrower Turret - Propane Gas (from Schall Ammo Turrets) can be a good mix for the first line. It does not throw a high arc like the vanilla flamethrower turret, but a direct spray like the tank flamethrower, which deals quite high direct damage. But it has low range, so they cannot deal with high tier spitters.
For second line and behind, mix whatever turrets you like. I used Particle Beam Turret (from Schall Alien Tech) here since the ammo is more cost-effective than BFG. You may also use vanilla gun turrets here if you want. Laser turrets are NOT recommended because of very high laser resistance in high tier biters.
For even further behind, deploy LOTS of Sniper Turret (from Schall Ammo Turrets). While it seems to have very low DPS, it has extraordinary range! So you can deploy LOTS of them behind other turrets, while they will still help from there. Also, it uses the vanilla gun bullet ammo, but has an very high inherent damage bonus. Therefore, it is extremely cost-effective!

New response