Schall Alien Loot

Dead aliens are now good aliens! Aliens will pay for your base defense! On their death, they bring back the 0.14 alien artifact. They also drop alien ores as loots, which can be morphed into ordinary ores like iron ore. Also adds alien science pack that can be used for research in other tech mods. Well-suited for combat-heavy, no-mining scenarios. (Locale: English, Deutsch, 正體中文, 简体中文, Русский, Português Brasileiro, Español, and 26 Partial)

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

g [Responded] Need help with own mod

3 years ago

Hello there,

I'm making a mod myself and now want to add the feature that enemies drop certain items.I've looked through your sourcecode and can't seem to find the point where it checks if enemies died. Could you help my with that or even just point me into the right direction?

I'm not a total factorio modding beginner but the whole lua scripting is new to me, so please forgive me.

3 years ago

Do not worry about handling enemy deaths or checks, it is done by the game itself.
You only need to assign the loot items into table of each enemy units (e.g., behemoth biter) that you are interested.

My code is not that simple enough for learning. You can see how loot table is defined in this page.

3 years ago

That of course makes it a lot easier.
I should've guessed that I dont have to check for enemy deaths 😅

New response