Santa's Nixie Tube Display

Another version of the nixie tubes, less features, less UPS drops.

Content
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Circuit network

g Crash when using Nixie Tube in spaceships (Space Exploration mod)

3 years ago

https://puu.sh/GIVaB/4f7f8fb35e.jpg

Steps:
1) Make a spaceship.
2) Connect Nixie Tube to something (when I did it, I connected it to Spaceship antimatter booster tank to display its contents)
3) Set destination to a different surface
4) Launch spaceship

When the spaceship leaves the current surface to go to a different one, the game will constantly output "Removed an invalid Nixie (you're welcome)"
When you try to mine the nixie tube, the crash happens.

3 years ago

Can you provide a save file before launching a spaceship? This way I can reproduce the error

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have run into a similar error with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BlueprintLab_design

Nixie tubes build inside the Lab using ctrl+c, ctrl+v can not be removed in any way,

mining them by hand gives:

The mod Santa's Nixie Tube Display (0.1.12) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SantasNixieTubeDisplay::on_pre_player_mined_item (ID 11)
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: in function 'removeNixieSprites'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:234: in function <SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:230>

while trying to remove them with the deconstruct tool results in:

Error while running event SantasNixieTubeDisplay::script_raised_destroy (ID 78)
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:234: in function <SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:230>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/common.lua:36: in function 'DestroyEntity'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:76: in function <BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:65>

and using the lab clear button results in

Error while running event SantasNixieTubeDisplay::script_raised_destroy (ID 78)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/common.lua:36: in function 'DestroyEntity'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/logic.lua:158: in function 'ClearLab'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/gui.lua:50: in function <BlueprintLab_design/scripts/gui.lua:44>

Savefile: https://www.mediafire.com/file/666cpen8axeht1l/nixie_crash.zip/file

Steps to reproduce:

1. build nixie tube or use the ones working already
  2. use ctrl+c or blueprint tool to copy 1 or more segments
  3. place a copy using ctrl+v or place a bluepring containing the nixies
  4. try to remove it by mining(right click), using the deconstruction tool or the Clear button on the upper left side of the screen

It appears i was able to unbork the game by removing nixie tubes from my modlist and loading then resaving it without nixie mod active, after that adding nixie tubes back in does not produce a crash, sadly i cant test if nixie tubes are still bugged until i research the nixie tech again.

I hope this helps to pinpoint the root cause of the crash and thank you for this amazing mod :)

2 years ago

From a quick look at the code, I'm guessing these can be fixed by adding event handlers for on_entity_cloned and script_raised_built.

I would also suggest adding filters to your on_event calls to reduce the UPS usage.

2 years ago

Hi - thanks for this mod.
I am also affected by the "Unrecoverable error" as I am using the Blueprint Lab.
I am happy to try out a bugfix ...

1 year, 11 months ago

I tried to fix this in https://github.com/LovelySanta/FactorioMod-OtherSmallMods/pull/28

The fix specifically for SpaceExploration, but I think it might also fix the Blueprint Lab problem (looks identical).

1 year, 10 months ago

This fixed it for the BPL, I can now delete SNT in the BPL without crashing.
I did use your own repo, tulius.

Thanks!

7 months ago

I tried to fix this in https://github.com/LovelySanta/FactorioMod-OtherSmallMods/pull/28

The fix specifically for SpaceExploration, but I think it might also fix the Blueprint Lab problem (looks identical).

Thanks Tulius!

New response