Requirement of having lamps is not heavily enforced as they are generally the most useless fixtures. However, distributing high amount of them all over the factory no longer looks like such a pointless exercise, after the night stoped appearing so ridiculously inconsequantial.

by ouk_ouk

Allows to adjust length of the day and choose brightness and color of the night, zoom-to-map, night-vision and so on. (This is a purely graphical change which does not affect the game mechanics.) By default it is set to dark night, green nightvision and desaturated zoom-to-map. "Factory moves fast, growth and maintenance required, nature does not let."

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
Environment Cheats

g Night mode is not working is map view

1 year, 7 months ago

Night mode is not working is map view.

Thanks for the great mod.

1 year, 7 months ago

I've just checked it and it seems to work. Are you sure you set map to have darker color, in the options? Or maybe you have some other mods that may interfere?

1 year, 7 months ago

Hmm i restarted a game with only your mod enabled and i found the same:
https://i2.paste.pics/ILJET.png

It seems like my map mode shows Vanilla dark instead of the Improved dark?

However! When i was busy testing this i was juggling around with the settings and found that it was indeed working, so no bug there!. The nice thing I found that, adjusting the settings does also affecting previous saves! So, wouldn't it make more sense to move the settings to the "map" section?
(I only tested for the colors)

1 year, 7 months ago

Yes, the default setting for night on the map is not pitch black but it is not vanilla color either. Vanilla for night-map is pretty much day with some blue tint and slightly darker. The mod uses grayscale instead - no colors at all. You won't be able to distinguish types of belts or iron plates from copper plates. I figured that this keeps a nice balance: it rewards the player for building radars but doesn't make it overly convenient. (Btw, you can hover you cursor over presets on the list to see their descriptions.)

The LUTs, this mod is based on, are loaded to the game engine when the game starts. I'm pretty sure, you cannot change them without restart and that means they have to be in the startup section.

1 year, 7 months ago

Ah ok I see. Many thanks for your quick replies, and this great mod!

1 year, 7 months ago

Thank you!

New response