Repair Turret

by Klonan

Adds Repair Turrets

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Logistic network

b Bug(?): Repair turrets beat player's robots on deconstruct and leave items on the ground

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This one is a particular pain in the rumpus. I'm trying to build something with my robots and the nearby repair turrets keep dropping stuff on the ground instead of letting my personal robots handle it. I also "lose" items when the repair turrets try to deconstruct things (particularly with auto-deconstruct mod).

Can you stop the repair turrets from a) deconstructing in the players robot coverage range if they have personal robots turned on; and b) disallow deconstructing if there isn't a storage chest in the network?

3 years ago

I will do B, as it makes sense

I don't think A is a bug

3 years ago

although (a) is not a bug in itself, it is a rather unfortunate situation ...
currently, any construction/deconstruction orders can be done by repair turrets, construction bots, and construction drones, and they always race each other who can do it first (and sometimes some jobs remain unfinished unless i give the orders multiple times, eg on deconstructing roads, it seems that only half the floors are removed, then another half of the rest, etc). for bots and drones there are toggles now to disable them, but the turrets always are active (for repairs, as well as for construction and deconstruction).

for bots and drones, there is also the option to quickly just put them in a chest to disable them. but once the research is done for turrets to also construct/deconstruct items, i would have to deconstruct all such towers that are nearby (possibly interrupting networks, also disabling them from repairing, etc) to have a small area where i peacefully can build/deconstruct/cut/paste new parts of my factory and not have them immediately teleport deconstructed items to a faraway chest, and then immediately again build ghosts.

this effect gets especially annoying when they teleport items (like ore or seeds, in contrast to machines) to some storage since i can build only ghosts of machines, but not ghosts of ore, plates, seeds, etc to get the items back to where i am. this won't be as bad when i once have logistic bots, but in the early game before logistic bots (having only construction drones, or modded early construction bots), this can be a problem. it also costs lots of energy and time to teleport hundreds of items from a chest to some faraway storage when deconstrcting a machine or chest with such items in it.
currently there also seems to be a problem of losing items when deconstructing machines with modules: the machines are teleported to a storage chest and the modules just disappear.

TLDR: would it be possible to add a similar toggle (to allow/disallow construction and deconstruction) to the turrets that currently already bots and drones have ?

New response