Realistic Reactors Reborn

by OwnlyMe

Meltdowns, control rods, emergency cooling, breeder reactors, modules, custom guis, etc...

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
2.0
3.45K
Power

g I made it work for 2.1

10 days ago

Hallo! I wanted to have this for a Factorio 2.1 playthrough, and after tinkering with it, I got it to work after applying these changes:

  • In entities.lua in both places where "icons_positioning" is being set, "inventory_index" should be changed to "defines.inventory.crafter_modules" (As furnace_modules is deprecated).
  • In item_sprites_and_furnace_recipes.lua in the recipe definition being named 'name = "RRR-"..item.name' the category element should be replaced with a categories array (like this: categories = {"RRR-furnace-recipes"}).
  • In recipes.lua all recipe definitions should also have their category element replaced with a categories array.
  • In construct_destruct.lua, I've removed the lines where the LueEntity elements 'active' and 'minable' are being set, as writing to these is deprecated. I've also removed both instances of 'fluidbox[1]' being written to, as the fluidbox element of LuaEntity has been removed.
  • In on_tick.lua, again, all instances of writing to 'active' and 'minable' elements I've removed. Also in this, all instances of "defines.inventory.furnace_source" have been replaced with "defines.inventory.crafter_input". Instances of insert_fluid have been changed to add_fluid and it and remove_fluid have been changed to their new method definitions (which are "add_fluid(storage index, fluid table)" and "remove_fluid(storage index, fluid amount)").
  • In stats.lua, again all instances of "defines.inventory.furnace_source" have been replaced with "defines.inventory.crafter_input".

After these changes it doesn't crash anymore. However some of the changes, I do not know what does, and have just kinda brute forced them to work. This means that everything is minable (including running reactors and sarcophages), and the localised (display) names of recipes are broken.

Anyway I hope this helps :)

10 days ago

Ah, there is a couple of 'defines.inventory.furnace_source' in migration.lua and util.lua also :p

It would be great if you could fully update it to the latest version without any errors—I’d really appreciate it

3 days ago

I also personally think as it stands currently, we get this pretty late, might be worth looking into replacing the efficiency module 2, so we possibly get it before space? Feels like something that was a side effect of 2.0 porting, not really how it makes sense

New response