Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i Split the Mod into modular parts

4 years ago

Hi,

I'm interested in some parts of the arsenal, but other parts are conflicting/duplicating stuff I already have from other mods.
I don't know if it is feasible, but I'd split personal and static defenses into separate mods.

Furthermore, I think that those should go in separate mods as they are ancillary and not weapons/ammunition:

• Power Armor Mk 3 (conflicts/duplicates with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Power%20Armor%20MK3) or detect if it is present and then deactivate those parts
  • nuclear train (already have bobs logistics so I don't want another train. Maybe put all in Rampant Vehicles)
    stronger car and a nuclear
    stronger tank and a nuclear
  • Oil burner for generating electricity (might be cool to use standalone)
4 years ago

You can turn off Oil burner in Arsenal's startup settings (it works anytime).
Yes, it's weird, that despite having optional dependency on that mod Arsenal doesn't hide it's own Armor MK3 and player gets two kinds with the same name. But other MK3 equipment is correctly replaced by MK3 mod.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I was only asked for equipment grid compatibility, so that is what I provided.

I don't use power armor MK3 or MK4 or bobs vehicle equipment.

Splitting into a bunch of mods sounds like a maintenance nightmare. I already have 4 mods and 1 unreleased.
Part of the problem is I can't make everyone happy, I'm willing to make changes based on good ideas.

I don't have the other mod conflict problems, when I do I most likely will add support for those mods.

Always appreciate feedback and code pull requests.

3 years ago

Hi, Veden. I'd like to double that initial request, because there is a huge overlap with several overhaul mods, like Krastorio 2 and overload with new entities in general. But instead of splitting to several mods, could you just make it toggable in startup settings? For example, I'd like to have just your turrets, that utilize vanilla shotgun/cannon shells and rockets (without new ammo variations) + technologies that just allow us to build these turrets. I do use your awesome Rampant mode at default settings (w/o biter factions), so I don't really need all this broad arsenal and it just clutters inventory, sadly.

3 years ago

I get that people want to be able to have a completely customized modding experience.

My concern is that this requires more effort than people realize. New mods will always be coming out that will have different overlap patterns, which will require different setting flags or separate mods. Kastorio 1 wasn't even a thing before Rampant Arsenal existed for a year already. The argument just make everything conditional, so you can completely customize the mod always, goes back to this makes the mod much harder to maintain.

One person asking for a request isn't bad, but you aren't going to be the last person to make a request.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If I do make a separate mod, which parts stay and which parts go? Also in the new mod are things expected to be customizable still?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

(Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines,Capsules, Walls, Infinite Technologies.) the new turrets, ammo and landmines are quite unique causing less overlap and are generally what people want from this mod.
(Equipment.) almost all large mods add new types of power armours not only is it not a new idea by any means but there are dedicated mods to adding new power armour that do it much better than this one, the rest of the equipment is mostly fine such as the new personal defences, but the new energy shield is also quite common
(Oil Burner/other, Vehicles) the oil burner and all the advanced versions of items like accumulators simply don’t fit in this mod while the Vehicles are just op versions of vinnilla vehicles, the advanced ones are somewhat unique but the nuclear ones are incredibly common.

i believe that we should be able to disable:
-Oil Burner/other y
-Vehicles [ ]
-Power armour. [ ]
-Weapons+their ammo [ ]

Or just ad the ability to disable everything but turrets, turret ammo and the new capsules

welp this is something i did, sorry for wasting your time great mod love all the turrets.

New response