Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

b removing mod also removes vanilla researches completly

4 years ago

hello,

after trying out rampant arsenal for several hours on a new map, i decided to drop the arsenal mod, butif i remove this mod, all damage and speed researches for weapons (lasers, bullets , shotguns, rockets,...) are gone.
no i dont mean they are reseted to lvl 1, i mean they are completly removed from the game and not even unlockable anymore. using other mods (bobs for example) or boing back to full vanilla doesnt work for this issue. is thre any way to fix this? or do i have to keep this mod?

greets

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

have you tried unchecking hide vanilla damage technologies before removing the mod?

4 years ago

yes i did.

hide vanilla damage technologies does nothing for me.
but can check this again if you want.
giving feedback tomorrow.

4 years ago

Not sure how to re-add the vanilla technologies after you have removed Rampant Arsenal and saved without Rampant Arsenal enabled.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

ok heres what i figured out (strange things happened...):
i was taking an old save now, where i played with bobswarfare before, i disabled the (bobs) mod and opting in rampant arsenal. then i create 2 saves of this. one with checked "unhide vanilla techs" and one with unchecked "unhide vanilla techs). then checking the save both had all dmg techs (including infinite). after this i opted out rampant arsenal and reload both saves. strangly both saves still had the vanilla dmg techs i already researched so far and also further techs where available.
this surprised me very hard because im definitly not that blind i could oversee all these techs, so i tried to replicate this bug.
i made a fresh creative world opting in rampant arsenal from start (no other warfare research modifing mods) and saying all techs from start.
also here creating 2 saves, one with checked and one with unchecked "unhide vanilla techs"
after this loading both saves without the arsenal mod.
NOW, only the unchecked save having this bug i encountered as sayed above, where all dmg techs are gone and no longer available.
hope this helps.

greets

4 years ago

Got the same problem, all tech regarding damage disappeared after removing Rampant Arsenal and saving. Now I don't know how to get it back. Anyone can help?

Regards,
Morkol

4 years ago

in the future, this shouldn't happen as I switch from enable/disable to hidden. For fixing it on current saves, I'm unsure of how to unless you check unhide vanilla damage technologies before removing.

4 years ago

Hey I made a small mod to restore vanilla techs in your saves for anyone stuck with the same issues, I was able to restore all the techs in my ongoing save. Hope this helps

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/cleanAfterRampantArsenal

Veden also feel free to copy paste the code into rampant arsenal if you want, the only thing is to re-enable the tech for all the forces in control.lua

New response