Rampant Arsenal

by Veden

Adds a variety of weapons to wage war. Adds Additional Turrets, Ammo Types, Landmines, Equipment, Capsules, Walls, Vehicles, Infinite Technologies

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

g Inconsistent prototype naming scheme, doesn't follow Factorio standard

5 years ago

I recieved a bug report for my mod HandyHands: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/HandyHands/discussion/5ca4cec68e609a000d1b53d0

TL;DR from that thread:

Rampant Arsenal names its recipes differently from the items they produce, which is different from the standards Factorio uses. Regular piercing rounds are named "piercing-rounds-ammo" in game and so is also the recipe that produces those named.

"incediary-magazine-ammo-rampant-arsenal" is produced by a recipe named "incediary-magazine-recipe-rampant-arsenal".

The API give you the name of the item the slots are filtered to, and the API gives you all the recipes in a table where you can find the recipe by name. This is quick and efficient if you know the name of the recipe that produces the item you want to make. But since RA doesn't follow the standard of naming the recipes the same as the item it's not really possible to find the recipes. RA is hiding the recipes for no reason, the simplest fix is to patch RA so it behaves "properly".

Unless you have several recipes for the same item or produce several items for a recipe then naming the recipes "recipe" the the items "item" is just a way to not play nice with other mods. Another mod I used actually crashes when a Rampant Arsenal item is handcrafting because it blindly trusts that the recipe with the same name exists and doesn't double check if it is so.

This is kind of a "bug report" but also not. Factorio has a de facto standard that this mod doesn't follow which makes it harder to interoperate for other mods even if it works well for RA when not used with other mods. Would be nice for our users if you removed the code that explicitly changes the names to be different q:

5 years ago

Should be supported in 0.17.7

5 years ago

Thanks! And thanks on behalf of our users :3

5 years ago

Oh hey! This fixed some other mod interactions with this mod too! Thanks much!

New response