HandyHands - Automatic handcrafting

by Qon

Automatically start handcrafting an item that is quickbar filtered (or in logistics requests) that you don't have enough of whenever your crafting queue is empty. Prioritises items in your cursor and what you need the most. It's like having logistics deliveries for early game!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b [Resolved] Not working with Rampant Arsenal items

5 years ago

The mod isn't working with items from Rampant Arsenal, I tried to reset the options to default (using the hotkey) and still not working. I also tried removing all mods but both and tested, still not working.
I don't know if it's something with HandyHands or Rampant Arsenal.
I'm using the latest version of both, 1.7.4 from HandyHands and 0.17.5 from Rampant Arsenal.

5 years ago

I forgot about the game version... I'm using 0.17.23 of Factorio.

5 years ago

I'll take a look.

5 years ago

Not sure I want to "fix" this. Rampant Arsenal names its recipes differently from the items they produce, which is different from the standards Factorio uses.
Regular piercing rounds are named "piercing-rounds-ammo" in game and so is also the recipe that produces those named.

"incediary-magazine-ammo-rampant-arsenal" is produced by a recipe named "incediary-magazine-recipe-rampant-arsenal".

The API give you the name of the item the slots are filtered to, and the API gives you all the recipes in a table where you can find the recipe by name. This is quick and efficient if you know the name of the recipe that produces the item you want to make. But since RA doesn't follow the standard of naming the recipes the same as the item it's not really possible to find the recipes. RA is hiding the recipes for no reason, the simplest fix is to patch RA so it behaves "properly".

To get around this I would have to search through all the recipes and make a table that maps items to recipes for mods that name their recipes incorrectly. But other mods, like "Attila's QuickBar Mod", just crashes when you craft anything from RA so even if I did all the work of trying to find recipes that have been 'hidden' under random names then other mods will still not operate correctly with RA.

5 years ago

Thanks for the response. I was thinking that it might be something with Rampant Arsenal, afterall no other mod that I play here have this kind of issue. Since it's a "bug" from RA itself, nothing really to do here.

By the way, your mod is awesome and thanks again.

5 years ago

I'm glad you like it.

Technically I could 'fix' it, so I might in the future. But to make it fast I have to cache the lookup-table and I need to keep updating it whenever the mod configuration changes etc. So it is something that is easy to introduce bugs with and would take some time to make sure all the corner cases are handled correctly. So reluctant to do it when it works anyways with all the mods that follow the Factorio behaviour. But there might be more rogue mods out there trying to hide their recipes q:

5 years ago

@Werr I checked if you reported this to Veden, Rampant Arsenal's author. Turns out you didn't. So I did.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RampantArsenal/discussion/5cab7c7f04a7bf000ce01bda

Rampant Arsenal items shoulf now be autocraftable by HandyHands :) Thanks to Veden for solving the interoperability issue.

5 years ago

I didn't report because I thought it was bothersome to rewrite some of RA code. I guess it wasn't that hard. Thanks for reporting and solving it with RA's author.

New response