Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Rampant says it respects map expansion options, but appears not to

1 year, 7 months ago

Hi,
I started a game with Rampant enabled, and I set the expansion intervals to min = 40 minutes, max = 120 minutes, and I've played for about 6 hours. That should be somewhere between about 3 and 9 expansion events, but when I use the editor to scout the map I see hundreds upon hundreds of bases, covering most of the map. I also saw enemies expand twice within a few minutes of each other. This seems excessive for such slow expansion settings. Is this a bug? Am I misunderstanding something about Rampant and/or vanilla expansion?
Thanks.

1 year, 7 months ago

yes, you should additionally disable it in mod map settings.
Check off these two:
AI: Enable Migration
AI: Enable Siege AI

1 year, 7 months ago

There is no vanilla expansion in Rampant since some 0.18.X version. Only its own logics. And it can be very aggressive if you pollute a lot. Unlike vanilla Rampant expansion works as an alternative (instead of attacking your base) reaction to many player's actions - pollution, aggression, expansion close to enemies.
Those two options should disable it. It worked a few years ago. Don't know for now - I never turn them off since the same 0.18.X version, because it becomes way too boring (yes, I miss vanilla expansion logics at such moments too).

1 year, 4 months ago

This is on the todo list as a bug.

How the vanilla expansion plays with Rampant expansion is something that I haven't settle on yet in terms of how those two mechanics should interact.

New response