Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b [CRUSH] v1.1.1 Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:141: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

2 years ago

Rampant (1.1.1) error.

Error while running event Rampant::on_biter_base_built (ID 56)
Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:141: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:141: in function <Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:124>
(...tail calls...)
Rampant/libs/BaseUtils.lua:277: in function 'upgradeEntity'
Rampant/control.lua:648: in function <Rampant/control.lua:634>

2 years ago

Going to need more information.
Have you added or removed factions?
Do you have a save?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The bug happened not on my own server and the server has many mods which changed with settings several times. I don't have any save and more info about it right now. Perhaps, it's related to deleted custom AI forces. I assume, it was a rare (specific) bug.

2 years ago

Hi. Thanks for a great mod. Best biter mod there is imo. The above error happen on my server. The overall cpu drain was a bit high so i tried to reduce the variation of enemies from 3 to 1 in startup settings. After a few minutes the above error happen. I dont have the save, sorry.

2 years ago

Was this using Rampant 2.0.0?
And are you sure the error message is exactly the same?

2 years ago

This was a Rampant (1.1.1) error.

2 years ago

A potential fix for this was included in the latest, but I don't have a method to verify without a save.

New response