Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b Crash when used with Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition)

3 years ago

Came across a crash after selecting a target and firing the Orbital Ion Cannon (SE Edition) when used together with Rampant.
Noticed you have to ghost build the target designator if you want to fire it from far away and it disappears from your inventory if you clear your cursor. Not sure if that's normal behaviour or some other mod interfering, as it's the first time I added the Ion Cannon into my games.

Error Message:

The mod Rampant (1.0.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Rampant::Custom event (ID 258)
Rampant/control.lua:134: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'point' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Rampant/control.lua:134: in function <Rampant/control.lua:128>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:427: in function <Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:424>

3 years ago

Been getting an error message since last update myself anytime I try to use the Ion Cannon.

Error Message:

Error while running event Rampant::Custom event (ID 281)
Rampant/control.lua:134: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'point' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:427: in function <Kux-OrbitalIonCannon/control.lua:424>

3 years ago

Been getting an error message since last update myself anytime I try to use the Ion Cannon.
Been using Rampant from the start with the same mods. Was not an issue till last update it seems. I was able to use it during this save game previously with out issue.

Error Message:

Error while running event Rampant::Custom event (ID 281)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:

3 years ago

This might due to Rampant's optional dependency with orbital ion cannon (the original one). The fix should be to add the new version as an optional dependency.

3 years ago

Firing Ion Cannon triggers global biters attack waves like firing artillery and launching rockets into space do. Probably some problem with multi-surfaces. One can turn it off in that file until mod is fixed - but that's cheating certainly. :-)

3 years ago

Same crash here,

Error while running event Rampant::Custom event (ID 324)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:

3 years ago

its a typo in the line, this will get fixed in the next version.

New response