Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b [Startup error] Sprite size/rectangle selection error

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've encountered a bug involving one specific sprite set, pulled from the base files. Error message shown in the image link below.
This applies to all available versions.

https://puu.sh/G9BlC/dce1d620b9.png

My workaround:

[Forgive my lack of perfect lingo; I'm not a game dev or even VBA guru]

Evidently the sprite coordinates it's trying to pull are usable when using the base mod's high-res file (path below), but it's trying to use the low-res version which does not have wide enough boundaries for those coordinates.
My fix simply involved opening the low-res version in Paint, expanding the boundaries to match the high-res one (210x480, but 220x480 also apparently works), and stretching the original area (110x120) to fit.
I have not yet tested what visual effect this has in the game.

Affected file path: \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\graphics\entity\slowdown-sticker

I can only assume that an update to the base mod, Rampant, or the base game may revert this change and return the error.
If anyone has a more permanent solution, please advise.

(this mod is tied for my favorite content changer in the entire mod library and I can no longer go back to playing without it. Thanks to everyone involved!)

3 years ago

I am also getting this same error.

3 years ago

Having the same issue

3 years ago

I am also having this same error, however it only started AFTER I enabled new enemies in mod settings. I could not disable this setting because the setting remains ON even after you remove and reinstall mod.

I found two workarounds.

The first is deleting rampant mod (trash icon in mod list), then deleting mod-settings.dat in the AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods folder, then reinstalling rampant and LEAVING NEW ENEMIES disabled.

Alternative that gets rid of the error and allows new enemies settings but might break things:
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\graphics\entity\slowdown-sticker
rename slowdown-sticker.png to something else (slowdown-sticker.png.backup), then copy hr-slowdown-sticker.png and rename duplicate as slowdown-sticker.png. This made the error go away and allow new enemies setting, however I have not yet tested it yet.

3 years ago

Worked perfectly. Thanks wolfmyst!

3 years ago

Hi everyone!

Maybe the better solution will be to replace the line used in Rampant mode.
The file is here: Rampant_0.18.16\prototypes\SwarmUtils.lua
Here is the line: filename = "base/graphics/entity/slowdown-sticker/slowdown-sticker.png"

If replace it by filename = "base/graphics/entity/slowdown-sticker/hr-slowdown-sticker.png", no error occur. Will test how it works in game.

3 years ago

Having same issue

3 years ago

Both wolfmyst and mitasamodel's solutions work; I was able to load into the game and load a save successfully for both changes individually.

I suspect that mitasamodel's solution is indeed better, as you wont have to re-apply the change with every main game update.

For those unfamiliar with where to find your mods folder, it's at C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods
You will have to make the change while your game is not running, or it will not save properly.

3 years ago

Works for me, but I found slowdown sticker line in
filename = "base/graphics/entity/slowdown-sticker/slowdown-sticker.png",

3 years ago

I've made a small mod that applies these fixes without having to manually edit the original Rampant files, mostly useful for automatic mod syncing in multiplayer.

Here's the link for anyone interested: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rampans

3 years ago

should be fixed in the latest.

New response