Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
7 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g What should RSO's enemy settings be?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Howdy. When playing with RSO (Resource Spawner Overhaul), RSO has the following settings (defaults in []):

# Startup
Use vanilla biter generation   [F]

# Map
Use RSO biter generation       [T]
Enemy base chance           [0.25]
Enemy base size                [1]

The tooltip for RSO biter generation is to spread them out further to allow for resource scouting. Do these settings conflict with Rampant? Should it be disabled? Lastly, if I want the spirit of RSO with Rampant, are there any Rampant settings needed?

Thanks for the assist. It's something I've always wondered, despite my many plays, but have never researched until recently (and didn't find the answer).

Thanks.

3 years ago

RSO should work fine with Rampant regardless of RSO settings.

For Rampant, you may want to turn the deadzone frequency up, so units aren't blanketing the whole map.

RSO tends to be light on the biters unless you turn off RSO biter generation and use vanilla biter generation.
Some people prefer that though.

3 years ago

I don't actually play with RSO anymore though, vanilla generation does well enough for me.

New response