Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b So many desyncs

5 years ago

This is a great mod! We love it in our server. But when we reach almost a mid game, the desyncs happens every time, droping everyone. We had to remove the mod from that moment on, and then no more desyncs....
I might have a clue for you: I had a problem with desyncs once in my mod: and I have discovered that the cause was a custom number randomizer I was using. Found the code in another mod. It worked fine in single player, but in multiplayer everyone desync. To fix that, I just replaced all random functions with the simple math.random. No more desyncs.
We would love to play rampant in multiplayer. Hope this problem is solved soon.

5 years ago

I'm using random number generators in a couple of spots.
When factorio is loading I using a custom xor random generator for the new enemies.
When in game I use, math.random from a local variable, use a loop of local math.random invocations to create a Gaussian Distribution, and game.create_random_generator with both an argument and without an argument.

I have yet to pinpoint what is causing the issue.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

do you happen to have a save that is desyncing? Do you know what your mod settings are? Is there a particular point that you have issues? How many people are on the save?

4 years ago

Are you doing anything in particular when you are desynced?

4 years ago

Desync on newest version

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

.22 works but not everytime also desync when joining

4 years ago

I need a save, debugging this is hard enough when I'm able to test things.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)
4 years ago

Preferably a save with fewer mods, I have no desire to be troubleshooting other mods. Also the save must have all mods available.

4 years ago

No desync happen when using all other mods, but let me put that on hosting

4 years ago

The last game we played in the server with Rampant was from that message, 4 months ago. I don't have the save game anymore. Following this thread, hoping the issue is solved, so we can suffer again with this great mod =)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I loaded all the mods except the 6 that are not available on the mod portal.

Created a local headless instance and connected three lan clients to the headless and I'm unable to reproduce the desync so far.

4 years ago

do you have a desync report?

4 years ago

My friend had but probably ignored because they want to enter the game instead sending desync report

4 years ago

After speed up to reach game time like 90%he got disconnected with message Player lost synchronization or something close to that. After removing rampant we played for 8h without desync

4 years ago

I'm currently unable to reproduce any desyncs

4 years ago

what are your server specs?

4 years ago

Im using factorio local server, ryzen 1600x, GTX1060 6gb, 16 gb ddr4

New response