Rampant

by Veden
Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields/pheromones allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses non-homing blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies (disabled by default). Can completely replace the vanilla AI. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.
2 months ago
0.13 - 0.17

b So many desyncs

- 11 months ago

This is a great mod! We love it in our server. But when we reach almost a mid game, the desyncs happens every time, droping everyone. We had to remove the mod from that moment on, and then no more desyncs....
I might have a clue for you: I had a problem with desyncs once in my mod: and I have discovered that the cause was a custom number randomizer I was using. Found the code in another mod. It worked fine in single player, but in multiplayer everyone desync. To fix that, I just replaced all random functions with the simple math.random. No more desyncs.
We would love to play rampant in multiplayer. Hope this problem is solved soon.

- 10 months ago

I'm using random number generators in a couple of spots.
When factorio is loading I using a custom xor random generator for the new enemies.
When in game I use, math.random from a local variable, use a loop of local math.random invocations to create a Gaussian Distribution, and game.create_random_generator with both an argument and without an argument.

I have yet to pinpoint what is causing the issue.

- 6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

do you happen to have a save that is desyncing? Do you know what your mod settings are? Is there a particular point that you have issues? How many people are on the save?

- 6 months ago

Are you doing anything in particular when you are desynced?

- 6 months ago

Desync on newest version

- 6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

.22 works but not everytime also desync when joining

- 6 months ago

I need a save, debugging this is hard enough when I'm able to test things.

- 6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)
- 6 months ago

Preferably a save with fewer mods, I have no desire to be troubleshooting other mods. Also the save must have all mods available.

- 6 months ago

No desync happen when using all other mods, but let me put that on hosting

- 6 months ago

The last game we played in the server with Rampant was from that message, 4 months ago. I don't have the save game anymore. Following this thread, hoping the issue is solved, so we can suffer again with this great mod =)

- 6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

I loaded all the mods except the 6 that are not available on the mod portal.

Created a local headless instance and connected three lan clients to the headless and I'm unable to reproduce the desync so far.

- 6 months ago

do you have a desync report?

- 6 months ago

My friend had but probably ignored because they want to enter the game instead sending desync report

- 6 months ago

After speed up to reach game time like 90%he got disconnected with message Player lost synchronization or something close to that. After removing rampant we played for 8h without desync

- 6 months ago

I'm currently unable to reproduce any desyncs

- 6 months ago

what are your server specs?

- 6 months ago

Im using factorio local server, ryzen 1600x, GTX1060 6gb, 16 gb ddr4