Connect rails to electric and signals circuits, and use electric trains

Content
10 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation

g Power connection doesn't join between FARL placed rails and manual placed

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

FARL works great to place long runs of rails (as long as the modded rail type is selected for placement). However when trying to connect manually placed rails (such as from a blue print or creating an intersection), the new hand placed rails do not couple to the wires in the FARL placed rails.

When viewing the electrical network via the Map, no FARL placed rails have an electrical connection. Creating a jumper to try and bridge the powered and unpowered rails does not work either. It seems all the FARL placed rails are without electrical connections even tho they look fine (not showing any power alerts).

4 years ago

Hi Dahn,
Are you sure that you requested FARL to set up electrical rails? THis is something you need to configure for your train, before starting FARL.

4 years ago

It's a good question but I did try both Rail options in the FARL settings. One places standard rails, the second places Straight rail with power & Curved rail with power. Unfortunately both choices in the FARL menu are called Rail so I had to double check my work to make sure.

So, yes, ALL the FARL placed rails are titled (as viewed when hovering over any rail segment) as Straight rail with power & Curved rail with power. No power connection is made between hand placed rails and FARL placed rails. FARL placed rails don't even seem to form an electrical network of their own when viewed in the map.

4 years ago

Hum, ok, I have to look at it, it may have to do with the way he places his rails.
Thanks for that ( PLease be patient, it will take a while!)

4 years ago

Unfortunately both choices in the FARL menu are called Rail so I had to double check my work to make sure.

That's because both items have the same name

4 years ago

Hi Dahn
It should be fixed now, can you confirm?
Thanks
Niko

New response