Rail Logistics Dispatcher

by Viidi

Adds a dispatcher (building) to automate railway logistics based on offers and requests. The mod is optimized for multi-delivery deliveries, has an intuitive interface and is published under a free license.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Trains

g Question/bug about receiver station priority

11 months ago

Sup.

I'm having a bit of a problem that i'm hoping the community could help me out with. I have a midgame base setup with RLD and (for simplicity sake) there are 3 stations in a petroleum gas system - 2 requesters and 1 provider. The provider is the output of a larger refinery stack, requesters are for plastic and sulfur stations.

My petroleum provider isn't very fast, so it takes some time before next batch is ready at 50k units. When it happens, it will light up that it's ready (yelllow light), and one of the requesters will also light up. Problem is - it's always the same requester. The trains will always go to the saame exact requester and ignore the other one, which is critical, because i don't get any deliveries to ther other one - i will only get deliveries if the main provider gets filled up WHILE the first reuqester hasn't been provided to yet. Otherwise it's always stuck, so to speak.

I checked and both requesters are on the same network, have the same priority, etc. I even checked in the lab with a mock setup - it will always deliver to only one of two stations, as long as the provider isn't read while the first requester is provided to.

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

10 months ago

Hello! Thanks for your interest in my mod.

This does not look like a bug, although it looks unfair.
Check that the stations have the same request size. Otherwise, the station with the lowest request size will always have priority.
If the request size is the same, then one station is simply unlucky.

Now I'm working on a new version of the mod and I'll try to take into account the second point.

General advice - produce more resources :)

Good game!

New response