Rail Logistics Dispatcher

by Viidi

Adds a dispatcher (building) to automate railway logistics based on offers and requests. The mod is optimized for multi-delivery deliveries, has an intuitive interface and is published under a free license.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Trains

g Some thoughts

1 year, 1 month ago

This mod is fantastic! The UI is clean, I love having the status displayed more prominently and it feels like the system just works better with less mystery issues than LTN.

Unfortunately, not being able to have the settings stored in blueprints is a dealbreaker for megafactories.
It would also be nice to have the option of setting all dispatcher configurations via circuit network. With LTN, I use a global combinator so I can change all of my basic rail settings at once. Would love to have a way of doing that with this mod.

Are you still working on this? I saw in another discussion that family life has pulled you away.

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

Good day. Thanks for the high rating!
I am writing through a translator.
I have plans to remake the mod a bit:
1. Remove the output port from the dispatcher (either the station itself or an additional output dispatcher will take over this function). This will allow you to more reliably (hopefully 100%) store the dispatcher settings in blueprints and Ctrl + Z. Strange relationship, right? :)
2. Replace net masks with just net numbers that do not intersect. This will greatly simplify and speed up the work of the mod.
3. Make something so that the trains travel freely through the elevator in SE.
4. Add general statistics and status interfaces.

This will break compatibility with the existing mod a bit, but it's what should have been done initially.

By the way, what exactly would you like to configure using signals?

Have a good game.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks for the response! I look forward to seeing this mod progress.

By the way, what exactly would you like to configure using signals?
The minimum cargo setting is what I was thinking about. With Seablock/BA, there are a lot of train upgrades, so I find myself continually wanting to adjust this across my entire base. Having to go into each (of 300) station is a pain. Would also be nice to be able to set request/provide amounts separately.

Also ran into some weird behavior, that I'm not sure if is a bug, or me not understanding how things are supposed to operate:
I had compound deliveres off on both stations, and I had a train get dispatched requesting the two items that were in the sending station. The really weird thing was that during load, the expected load values kept flipping back and forth every tick. For example, one tick iron=60k, coal=20k. The next tick coal=60k, iron=20k, and so on. Turning compound deliveries on seemed to fix that issue, but I'd rather not have compound deliveries.
When laying down a dispater next to a station, a little line appears between the two. This makes me think that the dispatcher and station are already connected, but I still had to connect a wire, which was confusing. Does the line actually do anything? Maybe make the wire not necessary.

1 year, 1 month ago

Would also be nice to be able to set request/provide amounts separately
It seems that now you can ask. The same station can be both a supply and a consumer at the same time. True, it will complicate it. In minimum cargo mode, both negative and positive signals can be given. Only the minimum will be the same. But I have no idea how to set it separately through signals, although you might think.

For example, one tick iron=60k, coal=20k
This looks like a bug. I would be grateful if you send the save, where it appears. Firstly, if at one of the stations of the route compound deliveries are disabled, then they should not be. Secondly, in fashion there is a tuning of the delivery size on the go. But he should only increase the size of the delivery, if possible, and only before arriving at the loading station (or at it).

Maybe make the wire not necessary
I'll think about it. Thank you

New response