Rail Logistics Dispatcher

by Viidi

Adds a dispatcher (building) to automate railway logistics based on offers and requests. The mod is optimized for multi-delivery deliveries, has an intuitive interface and is published under a free license.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Trains

g What is Compound Loading?

1 year, 4 months ago

I'm not exactly sure what compound loading is or how it works. Does it mean that a single station can provide multiple types of items, or does it mean that a train will go to multiple providers to pick up different items before dropping them off at the requester? I interpreted it to mean a train will go to multiple providers and then go to the requester, but I cannot get that to work. If a station is requesting iron and copper plates, a train will first get iron plates, drop them off at the requester, then get copper plates and drop them off. I thought that it would pick up the iron plates, then the copper plates, then drop off both at the requester. Can you explain how compound loading works?

1 year, 4 months ago

Good day. Thanks for your interest in my mod.

This function is a bit simpler. The request station is one and the supply station is also one. If the request station requires two types of cargo (for example, iron and copper) and there is a supply station that gives both of these resources, then compound delivery between these stations can be carried out.

I write with the help of a translator. Sorry if something is wrong.

7 months ago

Is there an example of a basic, two-item station?

Specifically for the sender, I keep having the issue that filter inserters can't use the "turn inserters" feature because as soon as the train leaves, the output signals turn off. The filter inserters won't put away what they're holding because now they're inactive.

Is there a way that feature is supposed to be used? It made sense to me that it goes with compound stations to avoid contamination, but if you have to use filter inserters for compound stations, how can "turn inserters" help?

5 months ago

"Is there an example of a basic, two-item station?"
I am interested about it too. Can't understand how to put exactly amount what i want.

New response