Rail Logistics Dispatcher

by Viidi

Adds a dispatcher (building) to automate railway logistics based on offers and requests. The mod is optimized for multi-delivery deliveries, has an intuitive interface and is published under a free license.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
Trains

i Suggestion for implementing planned features / Mod integration

1 year, 4 months ago

Hi, I noticed your en.cfg file mentions some features it looks like you plan to add in the future.
Specifically a way to automatically build / deconstruct trains for the depot.

I just wanted to let you know, that there is already a mod that does this:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/train-scaling

This mod can automatically construct and deconstruct trains of any configuration. It does this by "copying" a template train, including the schedule. It also supports adding/removing trains on a timer. I have actually been using this mod. And it seems to work fine together with your Rail Logistics Dispatcher.

Unfortunately it does not seem to be maintained - last update is over 1 year ago. But it is also using MIT license, so you may be able to integrate your mod better with that one. Or worst-case, use the code in yours :)

Lastly, you mentioned you are using Google Translate during a previous post. I would be interested in improving the English localization. Please let me know if I can help. (I would also like to assist with mod development. Unfortunately I have little to no experience with Github/Factorio API/Lua.) Thank you and hope you have a good day.

1 year, 4 months ago

Hello!
I'm glad for any help. Especially with English :) If you have experience with git, then this will not be difficult. Even if you accidentally break something, I will fix it!

Regarding the construction of trains - I do not know yet whether I will finish it. It's not clear if this is necessary. Especially the destruction of trains. And you can build trains with ordinary blueprints. Directly at depot stations.

New response